You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-03-20 15:16:41

mschmitz

Reassign a SIM card from one phone to another

Hi all,

we just moved from an old version of GLPI where we used the SIM-card plug-in to GLPI v9.3. When migrating data I saw the concept behind SIM cards of the plug-in (asset) and GLPI v9.3 (component) is different. I resolved the problem that I could not see the SIM card associated with a phone in the phones list by implementing a report. Far from perfect, but at least it works. But one problem that I face and that I could not find an acceptable work-around for is that I cannot reassign a SIM card to a different phone.

There are at least two cases where we need to do it:
  1. A user receives a new smartphone.
  2. A user returns one of his SIM cards to our stock.

Since SIM cards are no assets, I'll have to create a dummy phone to support the second case. OK, but I still have to manually duplicate the SIM card and remove the original one. This is very cumbersome and error-prone.

I there any better way to handle this? If not, this is something that's really missing and that imho should be supported out-of-the-box.

BR
Michael.

Board footer