You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-10-26 14:02:27

GermenX

What is the best method to control windows licenses?

The company bought 100 windows volume licenses, each one can be used for windows 10, 8.1 or 7, but the total of installations adding all the versions should not exceed 100. On the other hand I have OEM licenses that apply to a certain version of windows.

The software installed in each pc is getting it through OCS-InventoryNG. Through dictionary rules I am grouping the versions (10, 8.1, 7) of the operating system under the same software (Microsoft Windows)

How can I control the number of licenses in use and the amount available taking into account that in GLPI a license is associated with a specific version, and it must be so that the software list correctly counts the installations and number of licenses

Thank you so much

#2 2018-10-30 20:14:45

hvillanu

Re: What is the best method to control windows licenses?

Perhaps... you should Not group licences on OCS-ng.

On GLPI Add Licence for VL Windows and separately add another licence for OEM, then link installations to the licence that should have.

#3 2018-12-24 17:36:50

serano

GermenX wrote:

The company bought 100 windows volume licenses, each one can be used for windows 10, 8.1 or 7, but the total of installations adding all the versions should not exceed 100. On the other hand I have OEM licenses that apply to a certain version of windows.  https://luckypatcher.pro/ , https://kodi.software/  https://plex.software/

The software installed in each pc is getting it through OCS-InventoryNG. Through dictionary rules I am grouping the versions (10, 8.1, 7) of the operating system under the same software (Microsoft Windows)

How can I control the number of licenses in use and the amount available taking into account that in GLPI a license is associated with a specific version, and it must be so that the software list correctly counts the installations and number of licenses

Thank you so much

i ask about that too

Last edited by serano (2018-12-29 16:40:37)

#4 2020-02-04 08:04:26

yeagerdg

Hey,
Use the following steps.
In the admin center, go to the Users > Active users page. Select the circles next to the names of the users you want to assign licenses to. At the top, select More options (...), then select Manage product licenses. In the Manage product licenses pane, select Add to existing product license assignments > Next.

Board footer