You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-12-06 12:29:26

finalbeta

Ticketing, practical use when conversing with multiple parties

Hi, I'm looking at using the "Tickets/Problems/Changes" part of GLPI for our service desk.
We do all communication for our service desk (mail to customer, mail to supplier, mail to 3th party service desks etc etc) through our ticketing system. (That way everything is logged/tracked in one place).

After playing around with GLPI, I see that tickets don't seem to allow to send a mail to just anyone you want. You seem to be able to set a requester/watcher. But you cannot choose who you will contact. So lets say a customer mails me with a problem. I may have to contact an external supplier (or his boss) for this problem and the customer should not see that communication (or be notified of it). How do I handle that with GLPI? (or am I supposed to do this externally)

How do you people use the system?

Last edited by finalbeta (2018-12-06 14:05:01)

#2 2018-12-06 13:04:15

cconard96
Website

Re: Ticketing, practical use when conversing with multiple parties

Personally, we contact our suppliers through phone, email, or their support system and then copy the relevant details of the conversation in to the ticket.

For us, a fair amount of our suppliers have their own support system we are required to use so we try to be consistent.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2018-12-10 00:03:06

finalbeta

Thanks for your input cconard96.

I've made a feature request on Userecho about this, https://glpi.userecho.com/communities/1 … n-a-ticket
If anyone else requires this, please give that a vote!

Last edited by finalbeta (2018-12-10 00:03:56)

#4 2018-12-19 00:50:26

makeijan
Website

Maybe this is not what you want but could be managed on a linked ticket.
One ticket between your client as a requester and you as tech. Linked or parent ticket.
Another with you as a requester and 3rd party support as tech.

Private tasks and followups are a posibility but can't be handled by mail.

#5 2018-12-20 22:35:52

finalbeta

Thanks for your input makeijan. I will have a look at how smooth this might work when relying on linked tickets.

Board footer