You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-10-15 13:42:17

itcholakov

Strange problem with mail Notifications

Hi,
We are new in GLPI, however we have very positive impression from product capabilities.
However we face very strange problem and we do not know what is causing it.
We have GLPI 9.2.3 version. We created service catalog with about 150 categories as a services. We use one entity and about 120 business rules mainly for Technician or Watcher assignment. We have integration with our AD, however we have several local users defined.
We face following problem. When ticket is assigned to IT Support local group in group there are 3 people from IT. Only one of them is receiving notifications. Before 2-3 weeks 2 of people receive notifications. The people that not receiving notifications from group do not receive notifications even if ticket is assigned directly to them either as Requester, Technician or Watcher.
Other strange thing with notifications is when watcher do not want to receive any more notification and check it to "No", i.e. he wants still to be watcher but not to be notified. No matter that he change it he still continue to receive notifications.
The strange thing is that I personally from before about a month stooped to receive notifications but when I delete some test tickets I started to have them again.
I suspect that somehow some ticket is blocking further notifications to specific person, but we do not know how to debug the process and we do not understand what is stopping notifications.

BR,
Ivan

P.S. Hi again. Is there anyone who can help me? 17.10.2018

P.P.S. Anyone here who can help me? 24.10.2018

Last edited by itcholakov (2018-10-24 14:45:32)

#2 2018-10-31 17:34:19

enannos

Re: Strange problem with mail Notifications

I have the same problem, never found out what is causing it...
Some speculation is that we have international users that use many different languages. That could be a reason.

#3 2018-11-01 09:46:53

itcholakov

There are already 2 weeks passed. Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I still cannot understand why notifications are stopping or starting again working.

#4 2018-11-01 12:48:09

smlabonia

Did you check mail logs?

Sometimes, my email notifications are not sended when im doing modifications on traductions and gets some error. Perhaps at least some tickets has data wich affect it.

#5 2018-11-02 16:57:42

yllen
GLPI-DEV

First used the latest version of 9.2: 9.2.4
After, for do you used plugins? if yes do a test with all plugins deactivated

For your issue, for which event of which object you don't receive mails?
Look at your users form is email address is still present.

But your GLPI in debug mode and look at Debug tab in the ticket to see all mail defined for which even, for which recipients with which email addresses

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#6 2018-11-05 16:55:39

itcholakov

Hi,
Thanks for feedback.
We used 9.23.
A colleague of mine in IT department is not receiving any notifications by mail from about 3 months. As a time period at that time we've done some pilot with Project GLPI functionality. After notifications stopped working we've deleted all projects but it didn't solve the issue. Me, one other colleague and third colleague are in one local group. Both me and one of my colleagues we receive notification, the third one do not have anything. We've checked the log and there is no attempt for sending to him mails. We've tried to assign him ticket directly, but result is the same. He didn't receive notifications as any role - requester, watcher or technician.
I was in the same situation before one-two months. No relation with Project pilot test. After I deleted some simple tickets it suddenly started to send me notifications again.
I do not know how exactly notification mechanism is working and how other independent tickets can prevent sending notifications to totally separate tickets.
We've checked several times account of my colleague even in the table level in the database and I do not see any difference compared to mine.
I think that there should be some other reason for not having notifications.
We have issue in our production system. We couldn't reproduce it in our test environment.
We have several plugins installed, but we will need a maintenance window in order to check what will happen if we disable it and we will be able to do it next weekend.
We have following plugins part of them operational, part not:
Name    Version    License    Status    Authors    Website    CSRF compliant    
Barcode    2.1.0    AGPLv3+    Enabled    David DURIEUX & Jean Marc GRISARD & Vincent MAZZONI    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
Browser Notification    1.1.9    BSD-3-Clause    Not installed    Edgard Lorraine Messias    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall
Dashboard    0.9.1    GPLv2+    Enabled    Stevenes Donato    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
Environment    2.2.0    GPLv2+    Not installed    Infotel    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall
Forms    2.6.3    GPLv2    Enabled    Teclib'    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
GLPI Modifications    1.1.9    GPLv2+    Not installed    Stevenes Donato    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall
Inventory number generation    2.2.0         Installed / not activated    TECLIB' + KK    Web    Yes    Enable    Uninstall
More Reporting    1.4.0    GPLv2+    Enabled    Teclib' & Infotel    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
More ticket    1.3.4    GPLv2+    Not installed    Infotel    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall
Network Architectures    2.5.1    AGPLv3+    Enabled    Xavier Caillaud, Nelly Mahu-Lasson    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
OCS Inventory NG    1.4.3    GPLv2+    Enabled    Gilles Dubois, Remi Collet, Nelly Mahu-Lasson, David Durieux, Xavier Caillaud, Walid Nouh, Arthur Jaouen    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
Physical inventory    9.1+1.1    AGPLv3+    Not installed    David DURIEUX & DCS company    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall
Printer counters    1.4.0    GPLv2+    Not installed    Infotel    Web    Yes    This plugin requires SNMP php extension    Uninstall
Sim cards management    1.4.2    GPLv2+    Enabled    El Sendero, Walid Nouh, Thierry Bugier Pineau, Anthony Piesset, Dethegeek    Web    Yes    Disable    Uninstall
Used items export    2.0.0    GPLv2+    New    TECLIB    Web    Yes    Install    Uninstall

Any documentation how notification is working and any clue how other ticket can block sending notifications from other tickets?

BR,
Ivan

#7 2018-11-05 17:08:58

itcholakov

Just one more remark connected with smlabonia comment. We used mainly Bulgarian and English language if it matters somehow to the case.

BR,
Ivan

#8 2018-11-06 12:29:05

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Have you defined a template of notification for the language of the user who not receive mail?

A ticket can't block notification of other tickets.

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

#9 2018-11-07 11:03:40

itcholakov

We use standard localized template that come with software installation package.
If the problem is related to template I presume that everyone will not have notifications as we do not use specific notification templates based on the user. I receive such notifications in Bulgarian.
Is it possible some event connected with a user to block or reset sending of notifications, i.e. I have similar problem with notifications but after I deleted several ticket I started to have them again?

#10 2018-11-29 12:10:34

itcholakov

Hi,

We found how to restart receiving notifications.
The two people from IT department have interface set in English. Notification template is in Bulgarian in order to be customer oriented for the majority of our users.
When we change user interface of people in IT to Bulgarian they started to receive notifications.
It is really confusing. What is connection between these 2 settings and why the hell if interface is in English it should block notifications.
Can someone explain me how it works and what is connection?

BR,
Ivan Cholakov

#11 2018-11-29 14:23:50

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Have you define a default notification template? (template without language selected)

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x

#12 2018-11-29 14:27:32

itcholakov

I have only one template per type of notification and it's default but with Bulgarian translation in it.
Can you give me the logic behind in order to understand it's behavior?

#13 2018-11-29 14:30:03

itcholakov

One more thing. I've put Default Language in the General settings to be Bulgarian. Maybe this matter somehow.

Board footer