You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-03-14 02:02:19

obregon1986

Migration of GLPI 0.90.3 to Lastest Version

Hi, It's my first post.

I need to make the migration from version GLPI version 0.90.3 to the latest version of GLPI and I need to know what I have to take into account so that everything continues to work.

Currently I have the ticket system in production and due to problems in the ubuntu where it is installed I decided to install a CentOS and I have already installed the latest version of GLPI. Now I need to know the care of the migration of the database and the configuration of the complete system so that nothing is corrupted at the time of passing the data.

Any recommendations from you or any instructions to follow?

First of all, thank you very much.

Greetings.

#2 2018-03-21 13:57:01

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Migration of GLPI 0.90.3 to Lastest Version

You install a new version of GLPI in a new server, but the database, where is it? it stay in the ubuntu server? you create a new one in the CentOS server?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2018-03-21 14:14:47

vicgongar

This is how I do it:

After a fresh install of GLPI, I usually install PHPMyadmin. Once is installed, I change the max limit size of the files to import (normally is only 2MB). You can do that, by editing the apache php.ini file.
The path is /etc/phpVERSION/apache2/php.ini and look for "post_max_size" and "upload_max_size". Once you got that the size you want, go to the next step.

There are two ways of doing an SQLDump, from console directly, or through GLPI, which is easier, go to Administration -> Maintenance and do an SQLDump, so you have all your DB. You can download the DB from there also.

Once you have your DB, go to the new server, log in the PHPMyadmin and import the DB in the new GLPI DB. After that, you'll have all your config set up as it was. There is only one little problem, the tickets that has attachments, will be in the old server, since it creates directories and can't import them (or at least I never could). I usually have my two GLPI machines running in case I need an old document.

Hope this helps.

BR.

#4 2018-04-12 19:10:26

obregon1986

yllen wrote:

You install a new version of GLPI in a new server, but the database, where is it? it stay in the ubuntu server? you create a new one in the CentOS server?

Of course, I create a new database and I have the SQLDUMP of the previous version. My query is to know if only with this procedure is enough to start the new version of GLPI.
In addition to the tickets, it brings all the configuration of users and permissions?
I also had installed the following plugins: Dashboard, OCS FusionInventory and Forms.

Should I install them again the plugins?

Thank you very much for your reply.

#5 2018-04-12 19:11:36

obregon1986

vicgongar wrote:

This is how I do it:

After a fresh install of GLPI, I usually install PHPMyadmin. Once is installed, I change the max limit size of the files to import (normally is only 2MB). You can do that, by editing the apache php.ini file.
The path is /etc/phpVERSION/apache2/php.ini and look for "post_max_size" and "upload_max_size". Once you got that the size you want, go to the next step.

There are two ways of doing an SQLDump, from console directly, or through GLPI, which is easier, go to Administration -> Maintenance and do an SQLDump, so you have all your DB. You can download the DB from there also.

Once you have your DB, go to the new server, log in the PHPMyadmin and import the DB in the new GLPI DB. After that, you'll have all your config set up as it was. There is only one little problem, the tickets that has attachments, will be in the old server, since it creates directories and can't import them (or at least I never could). I usually have my two GLPI machines running in case I need an old document.

Hope this helps.

BR.

I thank you for the answer, I will follow your advice. Anyway, I will wait for the answer of the previous comment.

Greetings.

#6 2018-04-16 19:42:11

obregon1986

On the website there is the following procedure:

As for every update process, you have to backup some data before processing any upgrade:

backup your database; Accomplished
backup your files directory; Accomplished
backup your configuration How do I make this backup?

Greetings.

Last edited by obregon1986 (2018-04-27 20:41:03)

Board footer