You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-02-07 17:09:40

bvdo

FusionInventory: data visible in agents management, not in inventory?

Hello everybody!

I have a glpi version 0.83.1 here and want to import inventory data from clients in our network. So i installed the FusionInventory plugin for glpi successfully and the FusionInventory Agent (2.2.7-3) on one of our clients for testing. We don't want to run the agent as a service though. So i just started it once pointing it at our glpi server.

That worked well and when i click on "Agents Management" in the FusionInventory plugin, it shows me an entry for the client. Clicking on the value in the column "computer link" then takes me to "Home" -> "Inventory" -> "Computers" and shows me all possible sorts of information collected by the agent.

What really puzzles me: i cannot see the client when i just click on "Inventory" and then on "Computers". It's simply not there. I can reach it from the entry in "agents management" but by no other way. I tried to transfer it to a different entity in agents management and the value in the entity column changes accordingly. Still i cannot reach the data "normally" via the "Inventory" menu in glpi.

What am i missing here? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

#2 2013-02-07 18:27:13

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: FusionInventory: data visible in agents management, not in inventory?

The link has been added for the version 0.84 (in development)

#3 2013-02-08 09:58:06

bvdo

Thank you for your quick response, but...

Doesn't that mean that this inventory plugin is (for the time being) essentially useless when it comes to getting data into GLPI's inventory? Maybe i'm missing some point here but is there currently any easy way at all to get a full set of client inventory data into GLPI aside from manually typing it in? The data injection plugin doesn't seem to handle software and licenses, the OCS import plugin seems to require an OCS server and/or an XAMPP installation on every client...

#4 2013-02-08 09:59:18

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

No, agent can send inventory to GLPI (by plugin FusionInventory). It may work wink

Last edited by ddurieux (2013-07-31 15:08:08)

#5 2013-02-11 11:13:02

bvdo

Hmm. Your answer surprises me, what do you mean by "No agent can send inventory to GLPI"? The FusionInventory agent did send all the client data it had collected to GLPI. I can see it there, every piece of hardware, every installed software product. It's just not visible where one would expect it to see and where it would have to be in order to get properly connected to other inventory items (like patch panels or scanned license documents for example)...

Board footer