You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-09-22 15:38:17

Jathro1109

Fusion Inventory / Printers

Hey to all,

I am wondering if some one could help me out with my current setup of GLPI and the fusion inventory plugin.

My setup goes like this :
GLPI run on a w2k3 server in a IIS environment with php.
Current version of GLPI : 0.80.1 and has been several time updated over the years and works perfect
Fusioninventory version : 2.4.0
Fusioninventory inventory : 2.4.0
Fusioninventory snmp : 2.4.0

So far I installed the fusion inventory on my clients and they do report back to me ( for more then 2 weeks active).
Proof of this is that I see my clients reporting back into the agent management + the software repository is being filled up.
I also added on the IP range configuration my complete network range.

But now I would like to see also my network printers + switches fill up the glpi.
I must say I have been able to add or see one printer but the other 45 printers are missing. Also this one printer showed me only once the total ammount of pages printed, after that I didn't report back.
I can also say that all my network printers and switches are within the IP range I configurated some have a dedicated ip , others are DHCP.
So my question is actually is there some kind of document that describes how i can get my devices report back to the glpi or is there some one with some kind of knowledge how to set the snmp part up?
Btw all my devices are SNMP enabled.

With kind regards, Dimitri

#2 2011-09-22 21:27:55

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: Fusion Inventory / Printers

Best procedure is to make a network discovery of an ip range to get informations and IP, SNMP model and SNMP authentication.

With these informations (all required), you can make a SNMP inventory.

For this, see in task management

#3 2011-09-23 10:33:14

Jathro1109

Thanks for the help.

This tip worked perfectly.
Maybe this additional question : After discovery of the network printers. Is it normal that the current page count isn't filled in or that the drawing is missing ( Inventory - Printers - ** printername * - Fusinv SNMP )?
I must say the cartridge status or toner level filled doesn't show also.

#4 2011-09-23 11:07:45

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

For this, must make SNMP inventory

#5 2011-09-23 22:08:56

Jathro1109

Could give some more explanation for this remark?
I do not quit follow you in the snmp inventory part.
Is this part of job / task I do need to run on several occasions ?

#6 2011-09-26 07:45:37

teguh.umar

Could anybody point me to documentation about how to inventoried a network devices base on SNMP or discovering Network Devices? because I can not make it work, still trying and got 100% not found any.

GLPI 10.0.10
Installation mode: zip on OREL9

#7 2011-09-29 08:20:48

Jathro1109

Hi to all,

I've been searching on the remark here above 'the snmp inventory' but how can I get a snmp inventory of my network.
Or do you have to this per device?
I really do not quit follow on this.
Maybe it's so that you first need to do a network discovery - once then found - you need to create a seperate snmp job for each device.
I really don't know so if some one could help me out. Any advice is more then welcome

#8 2011-09-29 10:44:54

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Create new task for SNMP inventory after have run task Net Discovery

Board footer