You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-05-10 04:58:26

brettd

Adding Component Detail

It would be good if I could add more information about individual components. Since we build our own desktop PC's, I would like to keep track of individual component details such as serial number, warranty period, etc. The financial information can remain attached to the PC as the components will generally get purchased all at once for a build so will all be on the same order & invoice, but each part has a separate warranty, e.g. motherboards are often 3 years, HDD's can have 5 years, RAM can have lifetime etc...

#2 2010-05-10 07:43:40

FBohnen

Re: Adding Component Detail

Hello,

try out plugin Custom Fields.

https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/customfields/files

Frank

Still nuts about GLPI big_smile
Running glpi 0.84.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Why are my posts written so poorly: I was the best dyslexic in my class.

#3 2010-05-10 07:50:35

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

A solution is to create this part as peripheral (not as component), where you can enter financial information.

+

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#4 2010-11-09 08:03:59

bunak

In our organization, we are repairing computers, and replace components in computers self.

And need story information about Warranty of components (as Financial information).
By the way, we need store information about amount of components stored in a warehouse and a amount of components already installed on the computers (as Device amount)?

How we can do it?

#5 2010-11-10 00:02:08

sean.tapscott

Read over what Remi wrote again.  Seems like you didn't even notice it.  Create your components as devices instead and then connect them to the computers that they need to be connected to.

If you have a lot of the same device, and want to keep inventory, I'd almost consider treating the components as Software things, and then you can easily track installation. 

Software doesn't often come with warranty, so again, devices linked to computers would be your best option.

Last edited by sean.tapscott (2010-11-10 00:04:40)

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

Board footer