You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-01-23 18:37:52

the_nipper

How to set computer location via fusioninventory?

Hi,

running GLPI 0.84.8 and FusionInventory 0.84+3.5, I have this:

- There's a bunch of computers defined in GLPI.

- There's a complete location set of all rooms defined in GLPI.

- There's a bunch of network outlets each one with its appropriate location in GLPI.

- The network outlets are linked to the network ports of some network switches in GLPI.

- The network is scanned by FusionInventory. 

FI assigns the found computers to the network ports via the network outlets, with correct network etc.  This works well.  When I look at a network port page of a scanned switch, I see under "Ethernet port" the network outlet, including its location, and the connected network card together with its computer.   Perfect! 

My problem/question is:

I wonder why the scan doesn't set the _computer's_ location to that of the network outlet.   All information is there, but it isn't done.  If this would work, then every computer would always have the location where it had been seen for the last time (by FI).   This would be very helpful.

Can I trigger this, anyhow? 

Best regards,

Robert

#2 2019-11-21 21:35:49

kalejandro

Re: How to set computer location via fusioninventory?

Hi, did you manage to solve this?

#3 2020-04-27 13:24:37

HaZet

Re: How to set computer location via fusioninventory?

I am interested in that, too, because I have the same problem.

Board footer