You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-07-15 00:34:40

norrii

Fusion Agent Portable

Hello,

Currently trying out GLPI with Fusion- Inventory and was wondering what the Fusion-Agent portable is? I couldn't find any documentation on it other than installation ones. We're trying to not have agents installed on all our network computers. I've installed the agent on a few for testing and was able to do a network discovery of most of our domain systems (bare minimum information) but was wondering if I can do more without the agent. Has anyone had any luck with going agentless as much as possible?

#2 2021-07-23 14:31:44

gbougard
Website

Re: Fusion Agent Portable

Hi norrii,

FusionInventory portable agent can be used from an USB key or from a shared folder. The main difference from locally installed agent is it will reads its configuration from a file and not from registry.

About network discovery, it can't inventory computers as not enough informations can be retrieved via SNMP.

Actually I started to develop a remote inventory feature in a glpi-agent dedicated branch. With it, I'm able to inventory remote windows computers after WinRM has been enabled on them. I was the author of the fusioninventory-wmi script which was able to do the same via WMI but it is now obsolete as WMI is obsoleted by WinRM.

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#3 2021-07-29 17:09:40

doesntMatter

gbougard wrote:

Hi norrii,

FusionInventory portable agent can be used from an USB key or from a shared folder. The main difference from locally installed agent is it will reads its configuration from a file and not from registry.

About network discovery, it can't inventory computers as not enough informations can be retrieved via SNMP.

Actually I started to develop a remote inventory feature in a glpi-agent dedicated branch. With it, I'm able to inventory remote windows computers after WinRM has been enabled on them. I was the author of the fusioninventory-wmi script which was able to do the same via WMI but it is now obsolete as WMI is obsoleted by WinRM.

very cool :-)
Do you have an estimated date of realease?

#4 2021-07-29 18:54:47

gbougard
Website

Hi norrii,

no I can't give any estimated date but I hope before the end of october this year.

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

Board footer