You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-05-11 17:51:56

CWiltshire

Give users access to edit certain aspects of items.

Hi,

I have a root entity and a different department as a child entity.

I can easily transfer items to a child entity but I am looking to give the users of that entity only certain access to what they can edit on the item.

For instance,

The serial number won't change, I don't want to give them access to edit that field, however, I would like them to edit the technician in charge of the item.

Can this be done in any way?

#2 2021-05-11 23:46:44

WebGreg

Re: Give users access to edit certain aspects of items.

Assets > Computers > choose one > Lock tab > check it (?)

--
GLPI 10.0.7
GLPI-Inventory 1.2.1
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS

#3 2021-05-12 10:33:33

CWiltshire

Re: Give users access to edit certain aspects of items.

Hi WebGreg

I have looked around with what you have said but it looks like this is only possible with fusion inventory which we are not planning on using. My concern with using an inventory plugin is that it might be more embedded in the system and I want to make sure that GLPI is a separate entity that tracks our inventory through human management rather than automatically checks devices on the network etc.

If there is no way to run this without using fusion inventory I may have to look into it, however, I would rather do this through standard GLPI.

Board footer