You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-04-21 09:19:23

nitschmo

[SOLVED] New Session created by login.php instead of using existing.

Hi,

I've recently installed GLPI 9.5.5 on my localhost for testing purposes (Mac OS Mojave, XAMPP for OS X 7.4.13 - with added modules to fulfill the install requirements). However, straight after install when attempting to login with any of the pre-defined users I get the "The action you have requested is not allowed." message.

Further investigation has shown that the subsequent POST requests (most importantly login.php - but also cron.php - which I tried disabling to no avail) generate a new session with a new unique id and also lacking the necesary glpicookietest, namfield,pwdfield,rmbfield data, which means that my login credentials aren't ever even checked.

Has anyone here come across this problem before? I have tried playing around with the session settings in php.ini but nothing so far has helped.

Last edited by nitschmo (2021-04-21 13:33:39)

#2 2021-04-21 12:18:17

nitschmo

Re: [SOLVED] New Session created by login.php instead of using existing.

I at least figured out how to fix the issue, but still am not sure of the behind-lying cause.

Commenting out line:

session_name("glpi_".md5(realpath(GLPI_ROOT)));

in session.class.php

fixed the problem

Can anyone tell me why that might be?

#3 2021-04-21 13:31:33

nitschmo

So, further investigation brings the issue with PHP/Apache on mac as illustrated in this article:

Stack overflow questions/7699412/case-inconsistency-of-php-file-paths-on-mac-mamp

Turns out that the symlink I was using to point to the GLPI install folder from my htdocs folder was created using all lowercase even though it has a mixed case actual path. Changing the symlink to use mixed case fixed the issue.

#4 2021-05-07 08:54:25

follet

nitschmo wrote:

Changing the symlink to use mixed case fixed the issue.

Hello, I use GLPI 9.4.3. I have some error after migration or installing other web-service (i do not know) but first solution doesn't work (I commented session line).
Can you tell me, how to Changing the symlink? I even do not know where this link?...

Board footer