You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-06-28 19:38:26

drosera

What are the "Entities" in GLPI

Hello,
I could not find the explanation for the "Entities" in the documentation.  Are they meant as organizational units, so that the inventory can be structured according to your organizational structure?
Frank

#2 2020-06-28 21:18:38

cconard96
Website

Re: What are the "Entities" in GLPI

Kind of. I use them more for visibility restrictions than just organization. They can limit visibility of assets, tickets, etc. For example, you have a central office plus multiple remote offices as sub-entities. A central IT team can be assigned to the central office recursively so they see stuff related to the central and remote offices, while the on-site remote office techs are assigned the their remote office entity. Then, remote office 1 can not see stuff from remote office 2 or the central office.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2020-06-28 21:34:05

LaDenrée
HELPER

it can also be use when you are working for several clients.
each client corresponds to an entity, each entity can have it's own assets inventory but also its own notification settings, its own rules.

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#4 2020-06-30 10:32:28

drosera

thank you @ladenree and @cconard96. So I understand, that the "Entities" are a flexible concept which be used in different ways, depending on use case and situation.  I like that  :-)

Board footer