You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-01-17 18:36:39

genseb

Ticket created from email - each response create new ticket issue

Hi,

We are encountering an unwanted behaviour on ticket created through an email receiver process.

When user "A" send an email "subject: A". The collector creates a ticket.

If the user "A" resend another email "subject: A" to complete the first one, another ticket is created.

Is there a way that when the a user send an email with the same subject, the informations are appened to the existing non resolved ticket?

Thanks.

Seb.

#2 2020-02-05 09:06:44

Tachyon

Re: Ticket created from email - each response create new ticket issue

Mail appends to existing ticket only if it have subject started with ticketid in square brackets. E.g.  - [GLPI #0218553]PC not working. Any incoming mail without [ticketid] will be considered as new tickets.

#3 2020-03-16 12:43:02

jinnu11

Hi ,
Yes, the Service desk customer - portal access is added to 'Add Comments' for this project.

My permissions configuration looks as follows:
Customer have email: customer(at)customerdomain.com
This email is added to Developer role in this project. This role have access to:
- Browse projects
- Create issues
- Add comments
- Create attachments

When I add my private email (Gmail) to Developer role I'am able to create tickets and all my reply emails from Gmail are correctly added to Jira ticket as comment, even when I completely change the email subject in Gmail.
That is why I am wondering if everything is correct with emails on customer side. They do not use any mail client (eg. Outlook, Gmail, etc). They sent email directly from their custom made ticketing system. Maybe this system mess up some email headers?

BTW, how Jira mail handler process emails to find out if this is a new ticket or the existing one? As I said above when I've changed the email subject Jira still knows that Gmail answer should be added to existing ticket. So I assume that Jira is not looking at the subject but something deeper.

Regards,

#4 2020-03-19 17:25:16

yeagerdg

Hi genseb,
Yes, the Service desk customer - portal access is added to 'Add Comments' for this project.

My permissions configuration looks as follows:
Customer have email: customer(at)customerdomain.com
This email is added to Developer role in this project. This role have access to:
- Browse projects
- Create issues
- Add comments
- Create attachments

When I add my private email (Gmail) to Developer role I'am able to create tickets and all my reply emails from Gmail are correctly added to Jira ticket as comment, even when I completely change the email subject in Gmail.
That is why I am wondering if everything is correct with emails on customer side. They do not use any mail client (eg. Outlook, Gmail, etc). They sent email directly from their custom made ticketing system. Maybe this system mess up some email headers?

BTW, how Jira mail handler process emails to find out if this is a new ticket or the existing one? As I said above when I've changed the email subject Jira still knows that Gmail answer should be added to existing ticket. So I assume that Jira is not looking at the subject but something deeper.

Regards,

Board footer