You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-09-18 08:03:19

buruguduy

Unique numbering in email subject

Hi,

Been using GLPI for about 3 months now.  However, I would like to inquire how to have a unique ticket number in email notification. 

In the web portal, we can identify each tickets correctly:
Helpdesk Ticketing with ID Number (Ticket - ID 1)
Problem Management with ID Number (Problem - ID 1)
Change Management with ID Number (Change - ID 1)

However, email notification received contains identical ID number, may it be Helpdesk Ticket, Problem Management or Change Management, for each. 

For example,
Helpdesk Ticket 1 is identified (in the subject as) GLPI #0000001
Problem Management 1 is identified (in the subject as) GLPI #0000001
Change Management 1 is identified (in the subject as) GLPI #0000001

The problem is encountered that if I replied to Problem Management 1 or Change Management 1 using email, it goes to the Helpdesk Ticket 1--being the GLPI #0000001.

I would like to change the email subject to capture the correct Ticket category (Helpdesk, Problem or Change Management) so that email replies will not route to Helpdesk ticket alone but to the proper entry.

I do hope that I have stated my problems correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Buruguduy

Last edited by buruguduy (2019-09-18 08:14:08)

#2 2019-09-18 08:12:18

buruguduy

Re: Unique numbering in email subject

Okay now, I've noticed that Change and Problem Management does not include the lines:

=-=-=-= To answer by email, write above this line =-=-=-=

=_=_=_= To answer by email, write under this line =_=_=_=

No problem since we are going to be replying to Helpdesk either via email or web portal and for both Change and Problem Management through the webportal only.  But still, subject still contains the GLPI #XXXXXXX which is the ID for Helpdesk tickets.

I just hope that this is possible.

With kind regards,

Buruguduy

Last edited by buruguduy (2019-09-18 08:13:21)

#3 2019-09-24 03:03:04

buruguduy

Hello,

Anyone have any ideas to share?

Thanks!

#4 2019-09-24 09:29:11

teguh.umar

May be it should be requested as next feature?

GLPI 10.0.10
Installation mode: zip on OREL9

#5 2019-09-24 11:22:45

buruguduy

Maybe it should.  When I was first testing it about over 3 months ago, I think I remembered seeing a similar post (and perhaps a request)...just shrugged it off because I was initially just looking for helpdesk.

As it was evident that there is more to GLPI, Problem and Change Management is also possible but it should have its unique ID.

Hopefully, someone has already had worked through this.

#6 2019-10-18 22:53:32

NIYALI

buruguduy wrote:

Maybe it should.  When I was first testing it about over 3 months ago, I think I remembered seeing a similar post (and perhaps a request)...just shrugged it off because I was initially just looking for helpdesk.

As it was evident that there is more to GLP  https://omegle.onl/ https://discord.software/ https://xender.vip/] I, Problem and Change Management is also possible but it should have its unique ID.

However, email notification received contains identical ID number, may it be Helpdesk Ticket, Problem Management or Change Management, for each.

Last edited by NIYALI (2019-10-20 22:58:36)

#7 2020-02-19 17:11:31

rakhwe

Did this feature come in new update?

#8 2020-04-27 08:07:21

rahulsharma123

NIYALI wrote:
buruguduy wrote:

Maybe it should.  When I was first testing it about over 3 months ago, I think I remembered seeing a similar post (and perhaps a request)...just shrugged it off because I was initially just looking for the helpdesk.

As it was evident that there is more to GLP   I, Problem and Change Management is also possible but it should have its unique ID.

Board footer