You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-09-04 05:25:04

wolfsden3

Myriad of problems

Hi,

Long time no post.  I have a VERY OLD version of GLPI, probably a .83 something.  It's worked VERY WELL all these years and is still in place working like a champ.

I just tried installing the new version on Ubuntu LTS 18.04 and I managed to get past 99.99% of my issues and have a working installation except for these nagging problems.  Any help would be appreciated.

Issue #1:

I've edited php.ini in my php default install folders to 512 MB ram but it doesn't take affect in GLPI.  Seems odd, my path to my php.ini's are:  /etc/php/7.1/apache2/php.ini and 7.2 of course.

Issue #2:

I can't install the tz plugin to change the time zone, again I tweaked the php.ini file for now and it says it's "America/Detroit' but the time is totally all wrong and the server tz date / time is correct.  Somehow I managed to get this to work I guess but I'm not 100% certain BUT the plugin still won't install and gives an error:

Issue#3:

Setup > Automatic Actions > mailgate > doesn't seem to "fetch mail" with either glpi (which i assume means I need to be logged into the help desk and bounce around it for it to fetch mail) or the cli unless I manually execute by clicking the execute button.

** I try the crontab method and get this output:
root@help:/var/www/files/_log# /usr/bin/php /var/www/front/cron.php
Toolbox::userErrorHandlerNormal() in /var/www/inc/toolbox.class.php line 657
  *** PHP Notice(8): Unknown: Kerberos error: No Kerberos credentials available (default cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0) (try running kinit) for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (errflg=1)
  Backtrace :
  :

It's odd because if I click the execute button on the web ui, it works PERFECTLY and imports the mail items but it's a no-go if I leave it alone, glpi or cli or use cron.  It just won't work.

** Update:  The cron DOES seem to be working.  Can I disabled the web cli then...?  I suspect so.

Issue #4:

How can I make the default drop down on the home page for the database to authenticate into something other than glpi internal database?  I have an IMAP server I want to use and that's working but the users have to drop the box down and select it.  How can I flip those two around so my mail server is the default auth server?

Any insight into these issues would be great.

Thank you!

Last edited by wolfsden3 (2018-09-04 05:42:57)

#2 2018-09-05 02:26:12

KKAdmin

Re: Myriad of problems

Issue 1 did you restart Apache ?
Issue 2 do you have different time zones in one installation ? ( you only need a plug-in in this special case normally you don’t need it )

Last edited by KKAdmin (2018-09-05 02:28:23)

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#3 2018-09-05 05:56:48

wolfsden3

Yes, servers been rebooted too for updates.

With respect to email checking from an imap or pop account it seems the built in php cron stuff DOESN'T WORK.  You still need this in a crontab:

# GLPI manual cron
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/front/cron.php

This is / was a problem with my older .8x version too...mabye even .7x version so it seems weird they haven't figured this out yet...sheesh!  Seems like an easy kill :-)

The tz thing has seemed to go away at least how the tickets are stamped.  It's not terribly bothersome I guess and I can live with it.  It's so minor I'm not wasting my time on it any more...again though, LOTS of posts on the forum about it you think this bug would get the attention of the dev team and would be an easy kill.  I don't need any other plugins for my deployment so I'm not worrying about the plugin issue.  Maybe it's a code problem with the plugin, who knows.  The error indicates it's plugin code not GLPI specifically and all the permissions are correct on folder ownership, etc so...again, not worth my time.

The memory limit I was looking at doesn't seem to be php memory but rather cache, something called "PHP opcode cache".  Cache memory isn't the same as the php script memory in the php.ini.  If you go into your php.ini there is a line for:  ;opcache.memory_consumption=128

Change it to:  opcache.memory_consumption=256
...for example.  On my server I have the resources to double it and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside at 256 LOL.

Still working on the drop down box on the main page.  Haven't found that solution yet but when I find it I'll post it.  I probably just need to grep through all the files looking for a string about local database and tweak what that says or the order.  Kind of hackish...maybe not.  I'll be back ;-)

#4 2018-09-06 10:12:16

KKAdmin

memory - issue1
I'm not sure why you change memory. Maybe you have really big installation. If you need more information about normal configuration check the manual.
https://glpi-install.readthedocs.io/en/ … s.html#php
more about memory https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=162050

crontab - issue3
that's the normal cli / crontab configuration. I hope it works now otherwise you can check this threat https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=163741.

https://kevinjmorse.ca/articles/setting … ntu-server

Login - issue4
I thought there was a suggest on http://suggest.glpi-project.org/ but i can't find it.
More questions about it but no answer:
https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=163818
https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=161514

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#5 2018-09-06 20:58:49

wolfsden3

Thanks, the normal cli doesn't make sense then.  The "system" (GLPI) should automatically adjust the cron then instead of me having to go in and MANUALLY making it.

sudo -i
contab -e
blah blah blah with the code */5 * * * *...whatever script to run.

This is a real pain in the REAR since I also ran into mail getting stuck in a "queue" and mail was queued on some kind of reply.  I had to dig into it and find another thread that had a command line switch for the front.php file that the initial cron is for checking email that then also sends the queued mail.

That entire "cli" nonsense is a bit of false advertising really and cumbersome.  I hope this is on someone's radar to "fix" because this ridiculousness has been around for several versions it would seem and it would seem that again...this could be an easy kill for someone to fix.

I like more memory, the server only has 4 GB but 128 cache?  Seems skimpy so I doubled it.

Thanks for the reply.

Board footer