You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-07-31 10:37:44

sldk

Mails don't get send to Observers or recipients defined in event.

Hello,

I am having problems with dispatching notifications to observers when I create a new ticket. Only the administrator gets notified. All the observers have notifications enabled. They are defined as recipients in the New Ticket notification. When I check the debug ticket tab I see that mails are only sent to the administrator.

At first I thought the problem was than the observers are added using a rule and thus are added after the ticket is created, not prompting the new ticket notification but I also added them in the recipient list of the ticket update notification.

Does someone know how I could fix this?

Thank you

#2 2018-07-31 14:25:31

sldk

Re: Mails don't get send to Observers or recipients defined in event.

Solved the issue thank you

#3 2020-11-12 10:56:46

Driku

(sorry for the necro/bumping of an old threat, but it literally has the same problem, and I don't like the idea of repeating posts)
GLPI Version: 9.4.5
(no plugins installed)

I've run into the exact same problem, it would have been helpful of you to share the way you solved it...

As far as I've understood the issue, the problem lies on the fact that the two users automatically added by the rule on the observers are added after the ticket is created, which means that they won't be able to receive the notification's email from the "New Ticket" event.

I've manually added myself to a ticket from the same entity as an observer too, but I've not received a notification either. I've also tried this entire process with the "New user in observers" and "New group in observers" (adding one too of course) notifications, but to no avail.

I don't really like the idea of using the "update ticket" notification for the fact that the tickets in that entity are updated constantly and it would mean that the users may receive a heavy load of repeated emails.

I've also check their languages, and everyone is in Spanish (Spain, it's always this one), the default template is in Spanish too, and the default glpi language is (surprise!) Spanish.

The setup  that I came with (and afaik should work) is:

Ticket created from email, put into an entity by a rule in the "Rules for assigning an item to an entity" rule type (i'll put them in english just for everyone's sake)

New rule in the "Business rules for tickets" rule type, which put those 2 users as observers in the newly created ticket, but only if that ticket is from X entity (which is already done by the "Rules for assigning an item to an entity" rule) (this rule works, they are always as observers in tickets under that circumstance)

Put observers as "recipients" on the "New user in observers" notification (which is activated, of course).

I've checked the notification queue, no emails ready to be sent. Afaik by having that notification activated, by the time the rule that sets them as observers activates, they should receive that famous email notification, but no, zero, nada. All the other notification types seem to run just fine, but this one, nope.

Should I try to try with the ticket templates or something? I don't want to mess anything if it just works fine. Any advice? Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Driku (2020-11-12 11:23:41)

#4 2020-11-17 10:24:53

Driku

Bump (help pls)

#5 2020-11-18 13:59:12

Driku

Solved the issue, thanks /s

I fixed it by upgrading to 9.5.2, seems like the rules can trigger the damn notifications now. Try this if you ever run into the same problems, cheers.

Board footer