You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-07-18 08:22:51

jaisongomes

Hardware and Software Inventory solution?

I am trying to find a database solution to record IT hardware and software assets. It needs to be self-populating but with the facility for manual additions. I'd like it to be running on my own (preferrably Linux) server and provide a web front end that non-technical people can also refer to. The estate is relatively small <100 staff and hosts.

I thought that GLPI with FusionInventory might be a good solution but I have hit a snag. I have set up the server and installed the agent on a test workstation but it seems that any hardware without a unique serial number, e.g. display monitors, is blocked from being listed by a rule. Unfortunately I cannot find the rule in question, the project documentation is severely lacking in English, and there is essentially no activity on the English-Language forum.

Can anyone suggest either

#2 2018-07-18 08:50:25

orthagh
Administrator
Website

Re: Hardware and Software Inventory solution?

You should find your need in Administration > Rules > FusionInventory - Equipment import and link rules

You'll find a list of rules. The engine executes each and stop on a matching one.
RVMkil.jpg

Board footer