You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2005-09-21 16:55:54

Jojo

GLPI ver.0.6 -- Basic Administration under Gentoo x86-universal-2005.1

Dear All,

Hope you can help me know what are basic commands, tools or utility I need, to fully administer our newly installed GLPI ver.0.6 (automatically updated from ver.0.6b) running under Gentoo x86-universal-2005.1.

I need to know how to backup the GLPI database in case I need to restore it to a new linux box machine.
Also, I need to know where are the exact path of the important files I need to see on a daily or weekly/monthly basis to be able to see the current status of our GLPI system.

Lastly, will the new GLPI ver.0.6 runs on Fedora Core 1/2/3/4? Redhat? Suse? or MS Windows 2003 Server?

Again, sorry for all my silly and stupid questions.

Jojo
GLPI - Linux Administrator (newbie)

#2 2005-09-21 17:49:43

baaz

Re: GLPI ver.0.6 -- Basic Administration under Gentoo x86-universal-2005.1

I need to know how to backup the GLPI database in case I need to restore it to a new linux box machine.
Also, I need to know where are the exact path of the important files I need to see on a daily or weekly/monthly basis to be able to see the current status of our GLPI system.

Every things you need are on the GLPI web interface. see glpi documentation (the left top anchor on glpi menu) for more details.

We recommand to run glpi on a linux system with apache, then we don't have the time, the skills, and we don't want to help people for system administration tasks, there are lots of web locations better than here for that.

Bazile Lebeau

Board footer