You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-12-21 14:59:05

da_yoshman

Lot of little questions using glpi

Hi everybody, my glpi installation become more and more useful and now i'm trying some fine tuning smile but there are still some questions problems and i know you can help - can't you!?

1. is it possible to fill the contact and contactnumber with the name of the user from the AD? Or what information did u use in these fields? Name is always the login-name of the user and i didn't manage to change it to his real name.

2. The "Location" Field --> What do you use this for? We have nearly 40 companys in different cities and thought to use this field for the name of the city. First we want to use for organisationalunit (sales, service...) but then try to use the field "group" for it.

3. Same groups on different servers (domains) --> is possible to use more than one condition for extracting the groups?

4. I can't find any hints for making my own rules - or i'm to stupid!? smile we are four technicans and it would be nice to automatically set the right technican for the device - e.g. domain or something like that.

5. entities --> can i use these to manage these things under point two, three and four? is therefor useful or possible to rebuild our firmstructur and than set all these things automatically?

Regards Steffen

PS: Sorry for my english smile And it would be very nice to find some german users in here!?

#2 2007-12-21 19:13:48

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Lot of little questions using glpi

2. we use the "location" field as the physical Location of the unit.

Note that net point are defined for a location. So we used to create a "location" for each network dispatcher (not sure of the translation, i mean the place the network equipment are)

Regards

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2007-12-26 22:15:39

jleach

We were using the company  to setup the customers we have throughout the country.   We setup a company type  code  indicating 'customer'  'vendor'  and ' others' .   Of course the customer shows up as a
manufacturer,  but we  have the info.

#4 2008-04-16 22:30:53

johnj

If you set up the customers as Suppliers, how do you associate them with the devices?

jleach wrote:

We were using the company  to setup the customers we have throughout the country.   We setup a company type  code  indicating 'customer'  'vendor'  and ' others' .   Of course the customer shows up as a
manufacturer,  but we  have the info.

Board footer