You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-04-01 21:18:55

userforum

I need more categories in the inventory

We are testing this GLPI tool. By now it seem to be very powerful, in fact more than the one that cost more than 10000€. But one thing that it is important is have all our devices in the inventory. We are a TV, so We have cameras, videorecorders, microphones and this kind of material. So We want to open a ticket related to a camera for example.

I have read in the forum that it is not possible to create new cattegories in the inventory, but that it is possible to rename some of the existing one. I have search about this possibility but unsuccessfully. Anyone can say me how to do this?. Thanks.

#2 2008-04-02 00:10:45

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: I need more categories in the inventory

To edit label of what you need
Put glpi in configuration mode translation and edit locales/en_gb.php

But what about use peripheral for manage camera, tv etc... ?

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2008-04-02 16:32:22

userforum

Thanks for your answer, but I don't know how to put glpi in configuration mode transaltion. If I use the peripheral for this, is there any way to import all the inventory from a file?. Thanks.

#4 2008-04-02 19:11:14

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

To import from a CSV file, see : data_inection

++

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

Board footer