You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-01-18 19:48:24

knowtown

some GLPI links open text editor instead of the web page

Hello. Thanks for the great product. I am currently setting up OCS and GLPI (0.70.1) in our environment. The install went great and most everything is working but I have a strange problem that I cannot figure out and a search through the English forum did not find any solutions. In GLPI when I go to the Tools menu and select OCSNG, then click on one of the links there, Like Syncronize Computers... or Import New Computers, the browser opens a box that wants to open the php file in a text editor. I do not get any errors when I run in debug mode but I get the same result. Instead of performing the function and updating my display in the browser it tries to open the php file in a text editor. Does anyone know what is causing that and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any thoughts!

James

#2 2008-01-18 20:20:48

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: some GLPI links open text editor instead of the web page

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2008-01-18 21:23:27

knowtown

MoYo wrote:

We thank you for taking time to bring back a bug to us.

In order to facilitate the exploitation of it, we ask you:

- To check that the bug was not already subjected on this forum or in the bugtrack of the project: https://dev.indepnet.net:8080/glpi/report
- to be most precise possible and thus according to the bug brought back to indicate:
    * The version of GLPI which you use (number of version) and if you carried out an update the starting version and that of arrival.
     * The platform on which installed it to you: win/mandrake/debian...
     * How you installed it (software loosening for Windows)
     * The versions apache, php, mysql.... * Navigator used (IE, Moz...) and version.
     * Handling which you carried out.
     * Configuration of GLPI: external authentification......
     * Error messages of GLPI in debug mode
     * All information which could help us with determiner the causes of this dysfunction of GLPI on your installation.

Sorry. I checked the English forum and did a search in the bugtrack and did not see anything related to my problem.
   * I am using version 0.70.1 of GLPI which was installed as an update to version 0.70
   * Installed on Linux (rhel 4u5)
   * Installed following install directions: extracted tar file to directory, point browser to url, etc...
   * apache 2.0.52, php 4.3.9-3.22.9, mysql 4.1.20-3.RHEL4.1.el4_6.1
   * logged into glpi with glpi account, went to tools > OCSNG, then click on import new computers
   * no external authentification used
   * No error messages display when in debug mode
   * When using Firefox 2.0.0.10 on Fedora 7 computer,  I click on either the tools > OCSNG  > Synchronize computers already imported or import new computers Browser pops up an open dialog box and attempts to open ocsng.import.php in a text editor. If I select OK the file opens in text editor. If I select cancel the box closes and I stay on the Tools > OCSNG screen. However, if I click on those links in Firefox 2.0.0.11 on a windows XP pro computer I only get a blank white screen in the browser.

If there is any other information I can send please let me know.  Thanks again!

#4 2008-01-19 00:38:34

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Try to increase your memory limit in the php.ini and restart apache.

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#5 2008-01-22 17:38:36

knowtown

JMD

You hit the nail on the head! I had edited the php file but I forgot to restart the httpd service. Once I did all was well. Thanks so much for the help.

James

#6 2008-01-22 18:50:17

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

I close.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

Board footer