You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2005-07-03 19:49:55

Pablo Chamorro C.

OCS-NG import

I need to import some minimal data from the mysql database of ocs next generation: hostnames, and custom administrative tags.  What would it be the easiest way to do that?

Thanks,

Pablo

#2 2005-07-04 18:29:05

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: OCS-NG import

We work on it ...

So you must be patient.

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2005-07-04 22:52:39

Pablo Chamorro C.

Dear Sir,

By the way, I was noticing that some values gathered by ocs-ng are not so accurate because they are based on the windows registry.  For example, ocs-ng takes old data of CD-ROM units that don't exist anymore on the PCs.

Looking the ocs-ng and glpi features I think that at least for now the automatic detection of those devices (internal and external) is not planned for a near future.  So, for example for the printers and network devices part I think it is advisable to gain time entering the inventories by hand, isn't? Anycase, I can help to translate the GLPI web pages into spanish if is needed and thanks for this great software.

Pablo

#4 2005-07-08 00:33:24

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Pablo Chamorro C. wrote:

Looking the ocs-ng and glpi features I think that at least for now the automatic detection of those devices (internal and external) is not planned for a near future.  So, for example for the printers and network devices part I think it is advisable to gain time entering the inventories by hand, isn't?
Pablo

Yes, that's true.  wink

Anycase, I can help to translate the GLPI web pages into spanish if is needed and thanks for this great software.

This is not planned for the moment but why not if we have a translator.

Thanks for your interest in GLPI

#5 2005-07-10 20:58:58

Pablo Chamorro C.

JMD wrote:

This is not planned for the moment but why not if we have a translator.

Could you please give some intructions to begin the translation? What page first? What editor do I have to use?

Thanks,

#6 2005-07-11 21:01:56

emaynard

I too am very interested in the OCS-NG import capability you are working on.  Any estimation on when it might be available?

Also, I too would be willing to work on non-French language versions and in my case that would be (no insult intended) to "clean-up" the language of English version.

Been looking through the source files, but I don't see any obvious language related files.  I'll keep digging though.

Thanks,

Eric Maynard

#7 2005-07-22 02:05:19

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Pablo Chamorro C. wrote:

Could you please give some intructions to begin the translation? What page first? What editor do I have to use?

Just to be sure, you want to translate the glpi software  or the glpi web site in spanish ?

For the glpi software,  We've some translating tool, that make easier translations.
Please send a mail to glpi-dev@gna.org, we'll contact you then.

For the glpi web site,we use SPIP (it's a CMS)  so we have to make other rubrique for spanish.

Tell me what you want.

#8 2005-07-22 02:09:13

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

emaynard wrote:

I too am very interested in the OCS-NG import capability you are working on.  Any estimation on when it might be available?

It's very difficult to give you an answer... I think you understand why...

Perhaps in october maybe soon or later...

Also, I too would be willing to work on non-French language versions and in my case that would be (no insult intended) to "clean-up" the language of English version.

Native English are welcome. It's very difficult to do a good translation when it's not your job or your language wink

As i said to pablo we've some translating tool, that make easier translations.
Please send a mail to glpi-dev@gna.org, we'll contact you then.

#9 2005-08-19 16:35:32

perexerep

just gave the plugin a try and it WORKS great.

PereXereP

#10 2005-08-19 16:38:08

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

thanks. It will be improved soon when we will work with the OCS Inventory Team.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

Board footer