You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-01-10 15:34:56

msi

OCSNG and Software/Licenses in GLPI?

hi,

we just started evaluating OCS and GLPI to track our hardware, software and license-inventory.

We use:
OCS 1.01
GLPI 0.70

right now we have some trouble to import the inventory from OCS correctly and handle it in GLPI.

See the config-screenshot at the bottom.

1. In OCS-Dictionnary we just moved the software to UNCHANGED or IGNORED (linux software at the moment)

GLPI imported the software from the "IGNORED" in the lust run. Before this run it just took the software from "UNCHANGED". Can someone tell me the right behavior, please?

2. Imported software doesn't get the "Default Status"

3 Could anyone please give a short explanation, how software (mostly imported through OCS) and their licenses can be handled?

Right now the imported software either gets a license type "free" (no need to license/buy) or "global" (completely liceensed).
Additionally every imported software (no matter if "free" or "global") gets 1 license by default automatically after import although we never added any licenses. (see second screenshot)

We would like to handle our software using (manually assigned) OEM, single, bulk and global licenses.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Setup of OCSNG-Import

Sample Software in GLPI

#2 2008-01-10 16:39:43

msi

Re: OCSNG and Software/Licenses in GLPI?

On additional question on the software/license-topic:

Is it possible to add/edit/view licenses without having installed software of that license type?

#3 2008-01-10 19:03:42

jp10558

So would I. I don't think it does that. I have asked for that sort of operation for some time. You basically need to manually move the licenses from global to whatever license you want. You might have to unglobalize it to do so.

#4 2008-01-11 12:09:32

msi

Ok,

i'm getting closer to it. ^^

now i unglobalize, add a new license as we own it, move the installation to the new license and correct the available licenses manually.
i have to check, if this way works if there get additional installations imported from OCS.

But at this point i have another couple of questions related to this handling:

Newly imported software (from OCS) doesn't get any status and the platform isn't set correctly.

Is there any way to import the platform correctly from OCS?
Is there any way to query the newly imported software that hasn't been corrected yet? (or set the software status to something upon import; e.g. NEW)

Thanks for the hint by the way.

#5 2008-01-11 15:51:11

msi

ok,

i don't get GLPI to keep track of bought licenses against installed versions of one software.

when i move a new installed software to a license i added/edited before as bought (...) it adds the installed license to the bought one -> the number of bought licenses gets wrong.

Anyone can give me hint, how to manually edit bought licenses (+ contracts, etc) and get newly installed software (added through OCS-Import not manually) to lower the available number of bought licenses?

When i manually "install" software on a computer, i can choose already existing license -> it behaves the way i expect.

Board footer