You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-07-17 17:17:19

petdoctors

GLPI Database Structure

Hi,

I am just about to start producing some reports from the GLPI MYSQL database using Agata reports and I was surprised to see that every defined device type has a separate table eg: glpi_device_gfxcard, glpi_device_moboard etc. and wondered why there was not a single table for inventory items, with each item having a type field (eg: 1 - gfxcard, 2=moboard etc.) as this would not only simplify reporting but would also make it easier to add new item types to the list.

I can see this would complicate field naming, but this could be resolved by having field names for each field/table stored in a separate table.

I appreciate that this might be a major structural change but might make customisation easier in the future?

Regards,

Nigel Kendrick

#2 2007-07-17 17:37:41

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: GLPI Database Structure

devices use several tables because the tables do not contains the same informations.
interface for hdd, memory for gfxcard etc etc

database do not use a naming convention for the moment;
But it is planned to clean it in the future.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

Board footer