You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-04-23 20:08:10

Grawolph
Website

I want to move my entire GLPI installation

I need to move my entire GLPI installation from one domain name to another.  I've tried backing the entire installation on domain1 and restoring it on domain2, but that didn't work.  That was just a first try and then I started searching for some documentation on moving the installation.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  The domain server that it is on is going away shortly and I would truly hate to lose all the work and history on the inventory we have in the system.  Not to mention notes on equipment failures and the like.

Any help would be appreciated!

Grawolph

James Hale

#2 2018-04-24 07:49:45

KKAdmin

Re: I want to move my entire GLPI installation

Search in forum - there are some threats

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#3 2018-04-24 17:58:43

Grawolph
Website

KKAdmin wrote:

Search in forum - there are some threats

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by threats.  I'm assuming it means that I may run into "problems".  I figured that when I couldn't just transport it from one server to another.

James Hale

#4 2018-04-24 23:48:19

KKAdmin

maybe i'm not sure want you want to do
Upgrade (to new server): http://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=158741
AD Change: http://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=32966

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#5 2018-06-21 19:48:39

Grawolph
Website

Let me try and clarify this a little.

When I first tried GLPI, I installed it on a server that I have access to for my personal information.  I've been running it there and getting more and more involved with it, plus we now have about 2 years of tickets and history that have built up on the system.

I want to physically move the entire installation, along with all databases, history, modifications, plugins and everything else associated with my installation of GLPI to another server physically apart from the first one.  I want to be able to then log in to it and see all the information, etc. that we have now. 

I do NOT have it tied to LDAP because I didn't have an LDAP server available for my private server, so I don't have to worry about that connection.  I'm also not collecting any emails at this time (but I want to), so I don't have any connections there.  All of the entries in the inventory databases has been added by hand and there should be nothing connecting my installation of GLPI to anything outside of GLPI.  I tried making a backup from the root directory of the GLPI installation and restoring it on the new server, and it restored all the data, but was totally unusable because of the connection I believe with the databases.

Would it be possible to dump the databases, make a backup of the whole installation on my private server and then install GLPI on the new server as a fresh install and then import data into the new databases and restore the backup on the new server?  Has anybody done this?  Surely I'm not the first one to try and move the installation.  I just want to do this to preserve all of the ticket and repair history that have been entered into the system.

James Hale

#6 2018-06-25 09:56:20

Langundo

Hello Grawolph,
Yes you can do as you describe.
Dump database and restore it on the new server.
Copy the glpi/files dir to the new installation and reinstall plugins if you need it.

I do it often in the other way. Copy my working database to home. So I can try and play a little with bugfix or master versions.
Of course the LDAP users will not work at home I have some local (glpi) users in database.

Debian 11.7 - PHP 7.4.33 - MariaDB 10.5.19 - 10.0.8-dev

#7 2020-02-13 16:53:46

Grawolph
Website

Langundo wrote:

Hello Grawolph,
Yes you can do as you describe.
Dump database and restore it on the new server.
Copy the glpi/files dir to the new installation and reinstall plugins if you need it.

I apologize for not responding and telling you "Thank You" for the information, but as soon as you posted that it became a minor issue and we didn't end up moving it.  However, as the wheels of chance turn, it's now become high priority again and I'm attempting to move the system to another physical server with a new domain name and all.

So just to clarify this move, I need to dump database and back it up.  Install a new version of the software on the new server, and then restore the database on the new server.

Is that correct?

James Hale

#8 2020-02-14 11:16:33

Kaya84

You also have to copy the glpi folder where u put documents (eg /var/lib/glpi ? - depend on your configuration)
But basically yes, you are right.

#9 2020-02-15 10:54:50

Jose7825

Grawolph wrote:

I need to move my entire GLPI installation from one domain name to another.  I've tried backing the entire installation on domain1 and restoring it on domain2, but that didn't work.  That was just a first try and then I started searching for some documentation on moving the installation.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  The domain server that it is on is going away shortly and I would truly hate to lose all the work and history on the inventory we have in the system.  Not to mention notes on equipment failures and the like.

Any help would be appreciated!

Grawolph

Did you enable the LDAP module in apache?

Board footer