You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-05-07 22:41:45

wolfwood

Change Management and Simplified Interface

Hi,

I'm testing the "Change Management" features and while i love some of it, i also found some difficulties in making it work for our needs.

As far as i can see CM is only available for Standard Interface. I do get that working a "Changes" is a technical/admin thing, but we would love for some "regular" users to be able to see status and some even to Validate the "changes" after Evaluation. Those are features that tickets have (every user can see their own tickets and profiles with simplified interface have the option to set ticket validation (incidents and requests)).

So far i can make users create "Changes" with form creator, and other users can validate PRIOR to change creation. But in order to have the option to read and/or validate a Change (aferter creation) in a profile, Standard Interface is needed for those users. Standard interface makes too much changes to home and menus that are fine for technical users, but can be a real pain for regular ones.
I also use Modifications Plugins that provides a very nice bar for ticket states in Standard  Interface Homepage (excelent for technigians, admins and supervisors) that i certainly do not want these particular users to see.

Someone has a workarround? I do not mind some code/db customization as long as is relative stright foward to reproduce in future updates.

Thanks.

#2 2018-05-08 09:45:16

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: Change Management and Simplified Interface

HI,
this may satisfy  your needs :
create a userprofile "change management" that has only rights on changes ( with standard interface), no rights on tickets, problems, assets......
associate this profile  withe the "regular user"
then these users can switch between "change management" profile for read/validate changes and Post Only for simplified interface to see tickets, forms, ....

no need to fork...

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2018-05-09 16:43:36

wolfwood

Re: Change Management and Simplified Interface

Thanks for the Reply.

One of the problem with switching Profiles is that it is not "automatic", some Managers will see a permission error after following a link and think GLPI is not working properly. And it still shows the Summary Bar for tickets (total for each state) even with no privileges on tickets at all (that is the Modifications plugin).
I think for the moment we will keep on a ticket as "request" even for change management and maybe use the "Changes" as related to the ticket internally. Still a pitty because change "states" are much better suited than tickets for several use cases and looks easier to follow.

Board footer