You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-03-05 16:47:05

ecioglpi

Best Approach to auto-assign group and technicians

Hi, How are you?

I have a GLPI 9.2.1, and I am trying to setup GLPI to auto-assign ticket relied on ticket's category, technicians groups, and technicians availability.

Sorry for the basic question, I am new to GLPI.

I have searched about ticket auto-assign in GLPI, and I found the links below:
http://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=25041
http://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=155310

I still have some questions about tickets auto-assign, Please, May someone help me?

My questions are:
1) What is the best approach to setup tickets' auto-assign?
Using rules?
Or Setting up a technician Group at Menu setup>dropdows>ticketcategories>[MyCategory]?

2)Is it possible to setup a technician working time? For instance, Is it possible to setup that a particular technician is available in period 8:00PM-12:00PM?
How can I do that?

3) Is it possible to setup out of office technician's  assignment rules? For instance, Is it possible to setup assignment rule to avoid a technician that is on vacation or out of his/her working time?

4) Is it possible to setup Round-robin ticket assignment among a technician's group? For instance, If a particular category is selected, then it auto-assign a technician's group. Once a technician's group is assigned, It chose a technician based on Round-robin schedule approach?

5) Is it possible to setup automatic actions after a ticket assignment? For exemple, setup whether category [MyCategory] is chosen, then it automatic assign Group "X" as Watcher?

I appreciate any help you can give me

#2 2018-03-05 18:39:01

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: Best Approach to auto-assign group and technicians

My  approach is :(maybe no the best nor the only one, but a good one)
assign tickets to groups (setup>dropdows>ticketcategories>[MyCategory]?) and have a supervisor for each group thats assigns to tech.(your rules seems quite difficult to manage  tech assignement with glpi rules, round-robin,working-time, vacations..) .

I used to Auto assign ticket to group supervisor, but when supervisor is on vacations, nobody steals tickets. :-(
so now, glpi assigns ticket to group,  group supervisor gets a notification and dispatches tickets. But when he is busy, technicians can ( have to) steal unassigned tickets.

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2018-03-06 14:11:55

ecioglpi

LaDenrée wrote:

My  approach is :(maybe no the best nor the only one, but a good one)
assign tickets to groups (setup>dropdows>ticketcategories>[MyCategory]?) and have a supervisor for each group thats assigns to tech.(your rules seems quite difficult to manage  tech assignement with glpi rules, round-robin,working-time, vacations..) .

I used to Auto assign ticket to group supervisor, but when supervisor is on vacations, nobody steals tickets. :-(
so now, glpi assigns ticket to group,  group supervisor gets a notification and dispatches tickets. But when he is busy, technicians can ( have to) steal unassigned tickets.

Thanks a lot for helping.

I tried the suggested solution, and I am experiencing the issues bellow:
* It looks like that GLPI only auto-assign a Group after the ticket is added, is that the expected behavior? I mean, While the user is filling in the ticket and sets the category, then GLPI  assign the Group only after the ticket is added.

* In my case, assigning tickets only for a Group, and letting the technicians allocate the tickets among themselves does not work - lots of misunderstandings .  So I need to figure out how to assign the ticket to someone in a Group automatically, Is it possible? How can I do that?

* In my scenario, auto-assigning a ticket to a supervisor's Group, and let him/her to allocate the tickets among his/her Group does not work either. I have already tried this approach also, and the supervisor's Group complained a lot for being a bottleneck. Is there a way to setup GLPI to choose a different person automatically within a  technicians' Group?

* Is it possible to setup a rule to automatically assign a Group as watcher when a particular category is chosen? How can I do that?
( I am trying to learn how to use rules, but I could not find any detailed tutorial or documentation in English about it)

#4 2018-03-06 18:10:56

KKAdmin

1. Yes after the ticket is created the assignment is automatically done.
2. I think you can not do this. (Only if you have one member in one group....)
3. Only if you use different categories with different groups but i think it is not yours scenario.
4. Not sure if this works in native glpi but perphaps you can use a plugin. Escalations or behaviours

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#5 2018-03-06 19:19:30

ecioglpi

KKAdmin wrote:

1. Yes after the ticket is created the assignment is automatically done.
2. I think you can not do this. (Only if you have one member in one group....)
3. Only if you use different categories with different groups but i think it is not yours scenario.
4. Not sure if this works in native glpi but perphaps you can use a plugin. Escalations or behaviours

Hi , thanks for helping.

> 3. Only if you use different categories with different groups but i think it is not yours scenario.
Sorry, probably I was not clear.
In my scenario i have several different categories ( around 45), and several technicians groups as well -around 15 groups, and one  technician may belong to different groups simultaneously.

>4. Not sure if this works in native glpi but perphaps you can use a plugin. Escalations or behaviours
Sorry, I think I was not clear.
For instance, I am trying to create a rule that if category "X" is assigned, then assign Group "X"  to it,  add Group "W" as watcher , and remove Group "W" as "assigned to".
I was able to accomplish auto-assignment  ( category "X" is assigned, then assign Group "X"  to it,  add Group "W" as watcher), but I could not figure out how to remove Group "W" as "assigned to".
Is it possible to add action to a rule to remove a particular Group from "assigned to"?
I could not find a action that allows to remove ticket´s "assigned to" Group.

#6 2018-03-07 18:45:30

KKAdmin

4. You have only to use this button (cross).
https://i.imgur.com/I396ltb.png
(Don't forget the save button.)

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
GLPI 9.3.3

#7 2018-03-08 17:00:29

ecioglpi

KKAdmin wrote:

4. You have only to use this button (cross).
https://i.imgur.com/I396ltb.png
(Don't forget the save button.)

It looks like that you are suggesting to make it manually.
I am trying to figure out how to do it automatically.

I am already doing this (for every new ticket look if  category "X" is assigned, then assign Group "X"  to it,  add Group "W" as watcher , and remove Group "W" as "assigned to") manually, but it is a pain in the neck and lots of manual work.

Does someone have any clue on how to create such auto-assign rule?

#8 2018-03-08 18:38:49

KKAdmin

If it is based on real criterion then you could do an auto asign. If catgegory X is assigned. You get group x per automation if you do this settings.

category x technician group = group x
entity = auto assign technician group with category.

but if you already have category x with group w you have already found this setting i thought..... so i did not understand your workflow.
You don't need a rule to do this.

Last edited by KKAdmin (2018-03-08 18:39:54)

GLPI 9.3.3

#9 2018-08-31 09:44:31

BarryHattle

Hi there,
    My apology to hijack this thread. i'm new to glpi. i'm trying to figure out what will be the best approach for the system to auto assign(Round robin) to the technician.

Asset Team                                  Helpdesk Team                          Infra Team                    Supervisor
1. John                                     1. Lucifer                                   1. Muhammad              1. Dimitry
2. Kristina                                 2. Logan                                    2. Cheng Bai                2. Khan
3. Cheng Bai                             3.Muhammad                              3. Kristina

So example is above. i have tech who are in different teams but same person.

Is there a way to create a category and then auto assign the ticket using round robin approach within the team and to have watches(as the supervisors) ?

i really much appreciate any feedback or help on this matter. thank you in advance. smile

Regards,
Harry

#10 2018-08-31 10:14:38

KKAdmin

No there is no round robin feature to assign technician direct

GLPI 9.3.3

#11 2018-08-31 12:02:22

BarryHattle

but is there any alternative workaround similar to it ? or perhaps what would you suggest as an alternative solution ?

Last edited by BarryHattle (2018-08-31 12:03:30)

#12 2018-08-31 15:18:45

KKAdmin

In my company we have a virtual user. This mail address belongs to a shared mailbox. Each week one technician have the hotline phone and the shared mailbox. This technician delegate the right technicIan, change category/ request or incident if not filled or wrong. The shared mailbox got only ticket with state new. We don’t do a auto assign the advance is you can do a notification on assignment so the end user knows that one person working now on the case and who

Last edited by KKAdmin (2018-08-31 15:22:30)

GLPI 9.3.3

#13 2018-09-04 08:05:20

BarryHattle

oh well. will consider your recommendation. thank you.

Regards,
Harry

Board footer