You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-03-02 11:45:27

nsi-test

How to add a FusionInventory agent after csv import?

Hi,
We use GLPI 9.1.4 on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core) server with the following plugins loaded:
File injection    2.4.2
FusionInventory    9.1+1.1
Objects management    2.4.0
OCS Inventory NG    1.3.3 (not used)
Our computers are Windows based (7 and 10)
We use FusionInventory Agent 2.3.21 x86 for windows.

The task we would like to perform is the following: we add a list of computers from a csv file, using the Data/File injection plugin. The data in csv file contain only inventory number and a serial number. So computers stay ready in Root entity and we need after FusionInventory agent installation on the real computer (computers exist physically, but they don’t’ have agents) the imported computer to update, saving imported information. In fact serial number is identification which the agent supplies too. But this cannot happen. We suppose it is because fusioninventory plugin refuses to add such an agent in glpi server.
Our csv file is like this:

Inventory number;Serial number
12345;XXXXXXXXXX
12346; XXXXXXXXXY
12347; XXXXXXXXXW
<etc.>

The injection went fine. But when we install an agent on a computer that really exists and in bios it has a serial number from the list, the installation is ok and the first inventory in log file of the agent looks ok – it sends all its data to the server normally, but the already existing computer in GLPI will not update.
What I mean in “agent in glpi server” above is this what can be seen here on the web interface:
Plugins -> FusionInventory -> General -> Agents Management
Or individually for a computer entry – here:
Assets -> Computers -> <entry> -> FusInv Agent

So – we observe the following:
If we remove an existing computer but do not remove its agent from server, and then inject a csv file with its information (the above mentioned type of a file) and afterwards force an inventory on this computer – the injected entry is updated.
If we inject new entry and afterwards install an agent on the computer – nothing happens.

To be more clear about our purpose: we have computers which we would like to put in GLPI, for which we have a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers. The information that can be retrieved from the agent is only serial number (which is normal, inventory number is administrative information). We need to import this information from csv file as primary entries and  when an agent is installed, the entry to be updated with agent information, preserving its inventory number.
The reason of doing it in this order is that the first installation of agents is supposed to be a long process, and we don’t have full control over it.

My question is - is this possible at all, and if not – are there some workarounds?

Thank you in advance, any advice would be appreciated.

I cannot write french, but I can read it. So french sources are welcome.

#2 2018-03-02 12:59:37

nsi-test

Re: How to add a FusionInventory agent after csv import?

I am sorry very much, in reality it turned out that facts are different. The only computer we did an experiment for installing agent was a very strange case (from HP) - different serials in bios and on the cover.
In reality the agent overwrote the inventory number, which is not the problem I described here.
For overwriting, may be we can use locks (I am not sure).
But for now administrators may delete this question as it is very messy. If we need to I will post another clear post.
I am sorry very much again

I cannot write french, but I can read it. So french sources are welcome.

Board footer