You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2017-10-04 10:30:53

kito2017

Set language for requester who is not a user (anonymous ticket create)

Hi There,

In our company we want to use the glpi as a tool for managing questions, bugs and related things of an application (it , business questions). For that we are using now a central mailbox but becomes quite a hell to manage as we have about 1000 users. So with glpi we already managed to get the mails from the mailbox and get all the workflow done which is quite impressive. But we have a thing we would like to solve with the language of the requester. In our system we have two languages (in fact three) and this is a very sensitive topic to our users, yes, this is Belgium. So Dutch users should receive dutch notifications, French users should receive a French notification. This is perfect possible in glpi as long as you are an user in glpi, and that is where the problem is. The mails that arrive in the mailbox can come from anyone who uses the application and these users are not known in the glpi system, we could add each of them but that would be a hell of work, so we would have to check each time a ticket is created if they are in, and it is not the goal that these users can use the glpi system, the glpi is something internally and not externally accessible. So for the moment we have some scenario's

1. me@me.com sends mail to mailbox -> glpi gets the mail and creates a ticket (with requester me@me.com (user not known in glpi)) -> ticket in glpi is assigned to user who has same language as the original email was written in -> Problems : we have some users who handles ticket in both languages, so they should change their language to the language of the email content they are working in --> could lead to errors (mail receivers gets notifications in wrong language :-( )

2.   me@me.com sends mail to mailbox -> glpi gets the mail and creates a ticket (with requester me@me.com (user not known in glpi)) -> ticket in glpi is assigned to user -> An dummy user for each language is added to the glpi and that user is added to requester of the ticket  so the notifications will be send in that language --> Not sure if this works, needs to be tested

3. Use plugin for adding custom fields (additional fields plugins ) where we can set the language of the requester -> problem, fields are only visible after assigning a ticket and at the bottom of the ticket , the extra field for setting the language should be next to the requester

4. Change the PHP code to set language of requester --> hell of a work, not enough resources, have no php dev , also notifications system should take into account the language of the requester

5. Change internally the way tickets are handled --> not enough resources ;-)

So does anybody have a solution we could try before checking out other systems.

Thx in advance
Tom

#2 2017-10-04 15:38:38

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Set language for requester who is not a user (anonymous ticket create)

There is no solution in GLPI core for your problem.
If you add a requester with the same language, his email is not the email of the sender.

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

Board footer