You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2017-08-01 17:38:00

jordi_s

Importing with CSV (GLPI v9.1.6; CSV v2.4.2)

I need to import a lot of data to properly test GLPI and got the data injection plugin but cannot make it work; I've already check videos and the web but what they show doesn't come close to the screens I'm seeing.

Basically, I select the file and then takes me to a "mappings" page that I don't understand; I select a table and a field but nothing happens, no error message at all.

And the instructions are in french sad

#2 2017-08-02 09:16:26

jordi_s

Re: Importing with CSV (GLPI v9.1.6; CSV v2.4.2)

Update:
So, I managed to upload a CSV file (don't even ask me how) but it puts everything in the "linked" column...

I could really use a link to a working and updated wiki (can't find any that works and explains about the versions I'm currently working on)

Last edited by jordi_s (2017-08-02 09:16:37)

#3 2017-08-02 12:22:18

jordi_s

Re: Importing with CSV (GLPI v9.1.6; CSV v2.4.2)

Just so everyone knows. After you select the mapping file you need to go back to the general tab and change the "file delimitor" to a comma, is selected a semi-colon by default (completely weird, since CSV stands for COMMA separated values...)

Anyhow, that is working now. It would be lovely if everyone updated their documentation because I've been going through some plugins and those which have screenshots show some old GLPI version, so the screens don't match.

Well, at the end of the week I send my report to my bosses but honestly, although the product is great, the complete absence of updated documentation is making me think "pass"

Board footer