You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2017-06-12 11:04:59

marwena4

Task management VMware : inventory ESX/vCenter with fusioninventory

Hi,

I had an issue with my task that should inventory ESX servers and VMs.
I'm using GLPI 9.1.2 and fusioninventory-agent 2.3.19. and the plugin fusioninventory for GLPI
I followed the documentation about:
1-Configuring "authentication for remote devices (VMware)" with an account on vSphere client with "read-only" rule
2-Configuring "Remote devices to inventory (VMware)"
2-Setting the task of inventorying VMware devices on my vCenter (activated, scheduled start and end)
3-Setting "jobs configuration" (defining Targets and actors)

In "Job executions", even by refreshing the task launching, the task is not launched. It stays on steps "prepared" and "not done yet".
When I unfold the agent, i have this kind of display:
"593e4fdde69af
2017-06-12 08:25:01    Prepared"

If I launch the task on command line :
fusioninventory-esx --user root --password password --host esx-server --directory /tmp
fusioninventory-injector -v --file /tmp/esx-server-2011-01-25-14-11-07.ocs -u https://myserver/plugins/fusioninventory/

It works. If you have this message "500 Internal Server Error: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password." it's probably because you don't put the correct username, so if you have an AD domain for example, you have to put the full name. (@myAD.myDomain.com)

Do someone know if this dysfunction in GLPI web app is a general bug, or because I missed something in the steps listed before or any other configuration that I didn't mention?

#2 2017-07-20 04:49:10

dmartine1

Re: Task management VMware : inventory ESX/vCenter with fusioninventory

I have the same behavior with GLPI 9.1.5 , FI agent 2.3.19 and the latest plugin 9.1.1.1

I launch taskscheduler to get the jobs in prepared states, then launch the fusioninventory-agent on the server in foreground mode (not daemon) and the job runs but the display never gets updated. Inventory is imported but have to manually kill fusion agent when it is no longer active in « top » command.

If I run fusioninventory-esx from command line, it works fine generating the files and so does the injector

Prod: GLPI 9.1.5 + OCS 2.3 + FI 9.1.1.1 (14000 postes, 1700 commutateurs, 24000 utilisateurs AD, 7 sites)
Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop/ VMWare / Applicatifs / Sgbd / PDF / ocsinventory-ng / data injection / room

#3 2017-08-09 11:43:44

marwena4

Thank you dmartine1 for your answer,

"If I run fusioninventory-esx from command line, it works fine generating the files and so does the injector":
The same for me, but the idea of this module in fusioninventory is to not use it in command line but by scheduling the task, which is better for having an automatic and consistent data inventory.
"then launch the fusioninventory-agent on the server in foreground mode (not daemon)":
The same for this solution. I cannot run the agent and kill It each time I need to update my vCenter inventory.
I am still looking for a better way to do it, I will post it if I find something. I will be grateful if someone find how to launch the job and why it is blocked. I checked the logs, nothing.

#4 2017-08-15 18:50:36

SL-Gundam

Hi

I'm having the same issue

It worked a while on the Azure cloud but when i moved the setup to an internal IIS+PHP host the esx inventory stopped working and locks on prepared. Not really sure whether it was before or after i uninstalled en reinstalled the plugin in GLPI though...

Did notice a small coding error in \plugins\fusioninventory\inc\communicationnetworkdiscovery.class.php on line 249

communicationnetworkdiscovery.class.php line 249 wrote:

$a_text = '';

Should be

communicationnetworkdiscovery.class.php line 249 wrote:

$a_text = array();

But this does not seem to change the result for the ESX inventory

#5 2017-08-24 15:52:03

Jean-Christophe

For the ESX inventory to work, you NEED to specify a working URL in GLPI General setup.
The agent looks for this URL and connect to it.
The URL must be accessible from the agent (name resolution, routing, proxy settings, etc.)

Have a look in this way smile

Board footer