You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2017-05-27 14:59:58

nar6du14

documentation on GLPI rules

Hi all,
I have recently installed GLPI but the official documentation seems out of date for many aspects of the software.

First can someone give me a clear overview of what is a rule
Also what means "import and assignment rules for computer" why do we need to do an assignement and not just an import action?
There many kind of choices for rules it is not easy to choice as there is no clear documentation about what's the purpose of each rule.
Finally if someone can give us some example for each rule it may help to understand the use of rule (criteria, action and so on).

Thank you for help.
Narcisse

#2 2017-06-01 20:09:45

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: documentation on GLPI rules

Rules for assigning an item to an entity: rules to affect the computer to the correct entity
Criteria  are element find by the inventory agent
Actions are element in GLPI
ex: if you add a tag in the configuration of your inventory agent, and you indicate this tag in the configuration of one of your entities in GLPI, you can select "entity from TAG"

Rules for import & link computers: rules to decide if you import new computer of synchronize existing one
Criteria  are element find by the inventory agent
Actions are we import or not and we link or not
ex: you can refuse importation of computer in a specific subnet with indicated the subnet in criteria an "to be unaware of import" in action

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2019-01-13 11:13:55

EJsNog

Re: documentation on GLPI rules

In the rules for Production class entries it states you must have manufacturers documentation for that specific entry if you are attempting a record run. What kind of documentation is required and or acceptable?  Thanks  Bill

Sir Elton John is my favourite UK singer of all time. I’m encouraged to present for you this setlist 2019. Check Elton John concert Kansas City this website to get your best tickets for the final Elton John tour in 2019.

Board footer