You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2016-09-29 18:03:59

varangoa

Problem with entities "Root Entity"

Hi...

When I enter to my organization... they had organized the Entities like this
Root entity
-Area de TI entity (A subentity)

Most users are under "Area de TI" and not belongs to Root Entity

My user Doesnot belong to "Root Entity" and Im not available to change it (Even if I try to change my default entity with a super-admin user that belongs to "Root entity"

How can I change the users default entity for a user?

Is that possible to migrate all tickets from "area de TI" to the root entity? I want to delete the "Area de TI" entity... is causing some problems...
I also tried to install "Fusioninventory" to manage all the computers and software in my organization.. but it by default put them under "Root entity" and is not possible to transfer the computers to "Area de TI" entity

How can I transfer computers from an entity to another?

Thanks!

#2 2016-09-29 19:20:44

freewood

Re: Problem with entities "Root Entity"

My user Doesnot belong to "Root Entity" and Im not available to change it (Even if I try to change my default entity with a super-admin user that belongs to "Root entity"

I think you are trying to change "Default entity" option in user profile. If it's true, then you on a wrong way. I don't know what this option do (probably default entity for items created by this user, but im not sure), but it's don't change user entity.
To change user entity you should go to "Authorizations" tab in user profile, then choose required entity (Area de TI), profile, should it be recursive or not and press "add", than you can delete previous entry on this page. After that this user will be able to see items only in entity "Area de TI". Don't do it on the superadmin user.
If you set recusive "Yes", than this user will be able to see all entities under his HIS root entity.

Is that possible to migrate all tickets from "area de TI" to the root entity? I want to delete the "Area de TI" entity... is causing some problems...

"Assistance" -> "Tickets", select all tickets you want to transfer, click "Actions" button, choose "Add to transfer list", then choose transfer list ("complete" by default) and choose entity where you want to transfer them. "Execute".

How can I transfer computers from an entity to another?

The same as a tickets.

Debian Stretch + nginx 1.10.3 + php7.0-fpm
GLPI v9.3.1 + Reports, Behaviors, Forms

#3 2016-09-30 17:27:08

varangoa

Re: Problem with entities "Root Entity"

¡Thank  you! that gave me a clue to the process that I had to do...

1. I discovered that I have a rule.. because my users log in with ldap...
The users in the LDA (office) that belongs to "Area TI" by default are asigned to "Area TI" entity...
I changed the rule.. and that was all that I needed to to...

Thank!

Board footer