You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-09-30 04:38:22

tpalmer

Addressing plugin, Network devices and Network Ports

Good evening,

I've started really using GLPI (0.68.2) and love it. The address management plugin is very helpful

However...

The addressing plugin only shows the ip address in the main "Ip Address" field for Network Devices - not any Network Ports that have been added. These show up for Computers and Printers, but not Network Devices. I have routers, firewalls etc which have Network Ports, and I'd love these ip addresses to be in the table.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected?

Can Network Devices can be treated like Computers, etc in this regard?

Thank you for your time,

Tim Palmer

FreeBSD 5.4, Apache 1.3.35, PHP 4.4.2, OCSNG RC3, GLPI 0.68.2, Addressing plugin 1.4

#2 2006-09-30 10:17:59

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Addressing plugin, Network devices and Network Ports

I explain to you.

Network device has firewall router or switch have an ip adress. The plugin add this ip.

They have networks ports too. but a network port have no ip.. this is the item connected which have an ip. So i cannot show network ports because they haven't ip adress.. tongue

ps : in your config you have addressing plugin in version 1.4 ?? you have the svn version ?

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#3 2006-09-30 16:40:48

tpalmer

Thank you for the quick response, but I am confused.

First - I read a thread in the French Plugins forum topic (with much use of Babelfish, as I don't read French) and got 1.4 from a message there, not directly from svn.

I'm confused because
1) Networking Ports do have fields for IP address/MAC/VLAN (not Network Point, but Port), and these are seen as ip addresses for Computers and Printers by the plugin, but not Network devices. So I'm not sure why you say they don't have ip addresses.

2) As you know, routers and firewalls have more than one ip address, so I need a place to put these. The Networking Ports works for this purpose, and I can make Connections to other devices using these. The IP Address field in the main screen only allows one address, as far as I know.

Thank you again,

tim

Last edited by tpalmer (2006-09-30 16:47:23)

#4 2006-09-30 19:11:20

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

the plugin show you only ip address of network connections for computers / péripherals / phones / printers.

For networking device, you can see only his own address. For exemple an switch which you can manage. For me a switch have one ip and you connect items which have an ip..

For firewall, this is his own address too.

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#5 2006-09-30 19:59:29

tpalmer

Ah well, too bad. But thanks again for the plugin, and your quick, clear responses.

tim

#6 2006-09-30 20:02:03

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

you can contribute if you want to update this plugin if you can.

Cheers smile

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

Board footer