You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-07-15 20:40:27

William Smith

How to delete licenses

Hello!

I've just started testing GLPI 0.65 for our use and have looked through all the documentation that I can find or read.

I have created a license entry that I want to delete. It was incorrect when I added it and I can't use the entry for anything else. However, after removing the serial number and everything else, I can't get this entry out of my license list. This is resulting in my license count to be one more than what I actually have.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanx! bill

#2 2006-07-22 18:33:27

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: How to delete licenses

I do not understand exactly what you mean...
To delete a installed licence click on the trash...
To delete an existing licence just decrease the decrease the remaining number.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-07-22 22:10:12

William Smith

Re: How to delete licenses

Thank you. I did finally learn what to do. However, it wasn't intuitive to me.

My problem wasn't trying to uninstall a license. Instead, I had added the wrong license / serial number for a software title. Once I realized my mistake, I needed to delete that license entry but couldn't determine how to do it. If I clicked the "modify" button for the license, all I could do was select "Update". I was expecting to be able to delete it as well but couldn't.

Also, in the list of all licenses for a software title no trash icon exists per license as I would expect. On the left I saw a "Total" seat count for the license reading "1". And on the right I saw a dropdown menu for seats "Remaining" that also said "1". I learned to change the dropdown to "0" and click the "recycle" or "refresh" icon next to it (no help text displays for this icon, so I wasn't sure what it was for). The wrong license entry then disappeared. Adding a trash icon here might make sense. Or this is simply where better documenation in the future will help. To keep the software as "international" as possible I do prefer icons.

I must say that after one week of testing and using GLPI 0.65, I and my co-workers, who manage about 300 Macintosh computers and their assets in 15 locations across the world, think this is a wonderful piece of software! It meets meets many needs where we didn't have a good solution.

Again, thank you for the reply! bill

Board footer