You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-06-29 15:27:15

jimlane

Pulldowns with no choices available?

Hi, All

I've just installed the latest version of GLPI (which went wonderfully well I have to say). Anyway, I'm primarily interested in the inventory functions. I've started by "adding a computer" and I'm having trouble in that most the data fields (model, location, OS, OS version, network) are pull-downs that don't offer any choices. Have I missed something here? How am I supposed to keep an inventory if I can't enter data describing the machines I have?

Regards,
Jim Lane

#2 2006-06-29 15:45:33

jm.cierniewski

Re: Pulldowns with no choices available?

Hello,
first if you don't use ocs with glpi, you must create all models ,locations, os.... in the glpi configuration
then, when you create a new computer, you can put the firsts letters of what you want in the blank field ( left) (or a * ) and then , the corresponding datas appared in the right field....
it's  because of the ajax use
Regards

Plateforme :
OS : Windows 2003 Sp1 / logiciel de décompactage : Winzip / Navigateurs : Internet Explorer 6sp1 / firefox 1.5
Installation : Package Ocs NG RC3  - XAMPP version 1.5.1
Serveur  : Apache 2.0.55 / Base : 5.0.18-nt / Langage : PHP 5.1.1 / PhpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl1

#3 2006-06-29 20:43:26

jimlane

OK. However, that begs the obvious question. How do I go about creating all these elements in the glpi config? Is this documented anywhere?

Regards,
Jim Lane

#4 2006-06-29 23:07:37

mags

jimlane --

try Administration->Setup->Dropdowns

but really it's easier to set up ocsinventory and let it be done automagically. it's quite neat ^_^

non toxique (si utilisé comme prescrit)

Board footer