You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-06-08 20:13:44

YinYang

Device Type inconsistance

Hi, I'm constructing a form to collect EVERY information about a device, when I noticed the following.

On glpi_event_log we have itemtype in extense ( form exemple "computers" ), and on glpi_history we have device_type by a code ( for example "1" ).

Shouldn't it be the same principle on both places ?

#2 2006-06-08 21:12:23

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Device Type inconsistance

not really there are more types in the logs than in the history and someones does not correspond to device type.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-06-16 10:32:22

YinYang

That left me confused, so there s a list of device type for History and another diferent list of device types for the Logs ?

Shouldn-t there be a single list of device types ?

#4 2006-06-16 11:14:23

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

history and log does not store the same informations.
logs contains general information on actions done.
history contains the modications done on hardware (computers,....).

The list difference is an historical problem.
Logs are very old capability of GLPI so....
History was include in the 0.65...

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#5 2006-06-19 17:07:49

YinYang

Yes, I've realized that, after detailled analisys the ideia I got of history was just that, a registry of hardware changes, but on this point ... why isn't it also stored and displayed the initial date of instalation.

Is how you said, this was a functionality added on the 0.65 release why not take the oportunitty to uniform the logging information, I've pointed some point which I think would be very usefull, and would help the information and plugin development not being so hard :$

If for example, I want to develop a simples plugin ( which I already did, very simple ), that collects all log information of a equipment, I need to identify hardcoded, the log different device types, and history different device type ... tongue

I would suggest the uniformization of this device list, and make it on a file easly included on plugin development.

Another suggestion is on the log's, information is very hardcoded ( translation not supported ), and information is not very complete ( for example, on history I can see a field is updated and log only says equipment updated ).

My objective and I suppose of many ohter people would be, to have a FULL report of a equipment history, since buying, instalation, update, events, interventions etc. My plugin tried to do this, but the information and since time is different is very dificult to create a relacionship betwen different table events.

Board footer