You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-08-16 18:20:50

rfgomes

OCS-GLPI "No new computer to be imported" issue

Hello everyone,

Late last week we noticed our GLPI server was having an unusual issue, we keep getting this message of "No new computer to be imported", when we know that there's new computers to be added. Now the wierd part is a couple of computers do actually appear  once a day, but the majority part of the machines don't appear. We always checked the new computers been updated or added in OCS witch seens to be working 100% fine, but like i said the sync between the 2 isnt working as it was once.

I tried to look into the system log's, checked PHP erros, reconfiguring the rules ... and i cant find any reason for this behavior. i would like to ask if anyone could help me out figuring what is happening ... thanks in advance.

OCS 2.0.5 (Installed through RPM's)
GLPI 0.83.91 (Installed through RPM's)
CentOS 6.4

#2 2013-08-20 03:15:34

bharatanet.com

Re: OCS-GLPI "No new computer to be imported" issue

Do you have setting the GLPI to import the PC's? (Setup >> OCSNG Mode)
Configuration like this: http://prntscr.com/1m9qyz

#3 2013-08-20 12:41:00

rfgomes

Hi thank you for the reply, yes i confirm that i do have those configuration set, the only difference is that i had the server name and not the IP Address in the field "Web address of the OCSNG console". i changed it to the numeric address and tested out, upon doing Post and Update i get:

Connecting to the OCSNG database

Connection to OCSNG database successful
Valid OCSNG configuration and version

Going back to Tools > OCSNG > Import New Computer, unfortunately i still get that there's no new computers / updates to import

#4 2013-08-20 17:15:00

Verdeler
Website

Hello,
did you check, if the new computers are listed under deleted computers ?
If so, you have to clean up the deleted computers first and than you can reimport them as new items.
regards
Holger

Don't worry, go diving  !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Server 2003 + XAMPP 1.7.4 (Apache/2.2.17 Win32) + Perl 5.10.1 + MySQL 5.5.8
OCS 2.1RC1 + GLPI 0.84 + Plugins: Fusioninventory + OCS Inventory NG

#5 2013-08-21 15:52:51

rfgomes

Verdeler wrote:

Hello,
did you check, if the new computers are listed under deleted computers ?
If so, you have to clean up the deleted computers first and than you can reimport them as new items.
regards
Holger

Yes this solved the issue. Oddly enough you are right we had nearly 1000 computers in the trash (never occurred me that this would turn out like this because of devices in trash) after we emptied it, the "missing computers" appeared in the import list, thank you very much Verdeler and bharatanet for helping out.

If i may ask, is there anything you can do to prevent this in the future?

Last edited by rfgomes (2013-08-21 15:54:39)

Board footer