You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-03-10 17:53:19

robertdana

GLPI, OCSNG and laptop / VPN users

I have GLPI 0.70.2 set up to integrate with OCSNG, and it's working very well!  I've figured out all of the software dictionary stuff, and am not getting any duplicates.

However, we have a number of laptop users on our network who take their machines home and connect via VPN.  When this happens, the IP address on their network adapter changes, and when OCS synchronizes with GLPI it breaks the connection between their computer and the switch port I assigned it.

Specifically, the adapter (port) on the computer shows that it is "Not connected", and the port on the switch that used to be connected to it shows a connection to "Without name on".

I have searched the forums as best as I can, and see that this is a common source of duplicates, but I don't see duplicates, either in OCS or in GLPI.  I do see history entries in the computer record that shows the OCS ID changing whenever they switch from the remote to the local network:

"The OCS ID of the computer changed : "XXX" -->  : "YYY"

...but this does not seem to have any other effect.

Short of blocking access to the OCS server from the VPN, is there any other way to fix this?  I've put a substantial amount of time and effort creating ports and network points for our LANs and setting up all of the computer connections correctly, and I hate to see that work wasted.

Thanks in advance!

-R

#2 2008-03-10 17:58:07

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: GLPI, OCSNG and laptop / VPN users

I don't really understand your problem.

Your connection is between the physical netword card and the switch.

Only the "virtual" network card (the VPN) should change ?

And yes, you "could" have duplicate in some case. With OCS 1.02 you can add the virtual MAC address to a black list to avoid this risk.

++

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2008-03-10 18:04:09

robertdana

Re: GLPI, OCSNG and laptop / VPN users

The problem is that when the computer is connected to the VPN, the IP address of the physical network card changes to the IP address of the user's *home* network.  I'm guessing that's why the connection to the switch in GLPI breaks.

-R

Board footer