You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-01-14 11:20:55

Evil-Wax

Avoiding doubles with GLPI on OCSNG Import

Hi!

I use GLPI with OSCNG an I was wondering if I can avoid having duplicates on importing Computers from OSCNG.
The Problem is, that in GLPI i manualy enter all Computers, wich are on Stock and/or have not been "online" for some time (so OSCNG doesn't  know them) Since we are a large company, I could not take the time to plug them all into our network and wait for the OSCNG Client to send its data to our OCSNG server...
So sometimes i may happen that I finde duplicates i my PC-list.. and it is a real pain in the ass to find them if you have to search them out of more than 2500 PCs...

i.e.

PC-2503 [..informations......] [Imported from OSCNG = 0]
PC-2503 [..informations......] [Imported from OSCNG = 1]

Is there a way or a planed feature to eliminate doubles by certain criteria like in OSCNG?
Or can I build a filter that replaces an existing entery if the Names (or more things) are equal?

Cya

Last edited by Evil-Wax (2008-01-14 11:21:43)

#2 2008-01-14 18:47:19

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Avoiding doubles with GLPI on OCSNG Import

1/ Check your DUPLICATE_LVL configuration in OCS.

2/ Check your OCS configuration in GLPI. There is an option to link new OCS computer to one existing in GLPI (especially designed for your need : manualy enter before the installation). This work with "mass_ocs_import" plugin.

3/ Try the "reports" plugin which provides a "duplicate" detection report.

Remi.

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2008-01-15 10:40:17

Evil-Wax

Re: Avoiding doubles with GLPI on OCSNG Import

Thx! That helped so far.
If something goes wrong:
"I'll be back" ;-D

Board footer