You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-03-20 15:45:27

Giorgio61

Cannot delete a license

I cannot manage the deletion of a license that was previously recorded in the system and linked to a computer that has been deleted. That license still remain and i don't see any way to remove it.
It's not  a single software product so I cannot delete the whole software item. I just want to delete the refence to one of recorded licenses. In the list it is shown like the others but it's not connected to any compueter and there is no command that can be applied to it.
If i add a computer and refer the license to that product key the system shows me that i have 2 licenses of that product and still there is not way ro reduce that number.
any suggestion?
TIA

#2 2007-03-20 16:16:30

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Cannot delete a license

Giorgio61 wrote:

I cannot manage the deletion of a license that was previously recorded in the system and linked to a computer that has been deleted. That license still remain and i don't see any way to remove it.

TIA

if you restore the computer you can unlink the license, or if you purge the computer, the licence is unlinked too.

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#3 2007-03-20 16:34:34

Giorgio61

i tried to restore the computer but i think it is considered a different one even if it has the same code
the license seems to be an orphan ... nore directly manageable

should i delete the record in the mysql table?

when u say "purge" the computer u mean to delete it?
anyway i don't think this license is connected to a computer, it seems that it is just a license without any link

#4 2007-03-20 18:23:07

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

if you haven't link to a computer in my sql table (glpi_software_inst) you can delete it with phpmyadmin and delete the license too.

Fo purge computers : use the trash icon to see deleted items and purge it

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#5 2007-04-05 14:24:21

Giorgio61

yes i can delete the license via phpmyadmin. This thing happened to me more times times. I think that also the "orphan" license should be deleted inside GLPI.

#6 2007-09-27 22:23:18

atwist
Website

Does glpi not have a way to delete a license in the software?  I've got lots of issues with that.

Board footer