You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-02-28 04:37:46

doch83
Website

Force OCS-NG global sync

I'm sure this has been asked and answered several times already, but I cant seem to find it. I need to force a global re-sync with OCS-NG. How do i do it?

my Config;
Server 2003 R2
Apache 2.2
PHP 5
GLPI 0.68.3
OCSNG 4100

#2 2007-02-28 15:57:14

mmckinst

Re: Force OCS-NG global sync

doch83 wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered several times already, but I cant seem to find it. I need to force a global re-sync with OCS-NG. How do i do it?

What do you mean by global re-sync? Can't you just go to to Tools->OCSNG->Synchronization of already imported computers?

If you have removed computers from OCS but they are still in GLPI, sync them as above, sort by date last updated in OCS (might need to add that by going to Administration->Setup->Default Search Fields List), find the ones with a blank field meaning they are no longer in OCS, and delete them. After this your two databases will be in sync.

Or you could just delete everything in GLPI and reimport them from OCS. If you do this you will lose everything you entered in GLPI.

If you delete things from GLPI you might want to delete them from the trash, or you can keep them in there for a record of when you retired computers.

Last edited by mmckinst (2007-02-28 15:58:41)

#3 2007-02-28 17:43:51

doch83
Website

mmckinst wrote:

Can't you just go to to Tools->OCSNG->Synchronization of already imported computers?

The issue has come up that I have made some changes in OCSNG (namely that it will update the comments field with the Windows product key) and I brought two Microsoft Updates from the Ignored software category and they still aren't showing up in software.

What I find very interesting is that if I go directly to the computer and open the OCSNG tab and hit the Force Sync button it updates (except for the software).

mmckinst wrote:

Or you could just delete everything in GLPI and reimport them from OCS. If you do this you will lose everything you entered in GLPI.

That is not an option at this point as my management has required that I map the entire network from the outer-edge OC3 connection back to the client desk. This would be days of work (and headaches) lost.

#4 2007-02-28 19:21:23

dj
Website

Not an answer to your question, but a request regarding your setup:

Do you use some kind of network management tool (maybe some SNMP collector) which would have given you the data for all the network connections that you have entered manually in GLPI?

dj

#5 2007-02-28 20:47:02

doch83
Website

dj wrote:

Not an answer to your question, but a request regarding your setup:

Do you use some kind of network management tool (maybe some SNMP collector) which would have given you the data for all the network connections that you have entered manually in GLPI?

God I wish...Someday OCSNG will become SNMP aware (crossing fingers, toes and anything else that will cross). Fortunately OCSNG does have the IP discover feature (but you still have to manually move into GLPI); I used that as my  cross reference. However, mostly this was planting myself in the server room and manually entering in all my network data (4 days). Though now I have a complete map from my router, though all my firewalls, blades, switches, and patch panels back to end users machine.

#6 2007-02-28 21:46:53

dj
Website

doch83 wrote:

God I wish...Someday OCSNG will become SNMP aware (crossing fingers, toes and anything else that will cross).

You do not have to crick your limbs - there are quite powerful SNMP collectors and network management solutions, even open-sourced. What's missing is additional integration - but I think we might get there sooner or later. However, to integrate cleanly will mean to correct some broken concepts in GLPI - this will take time.

dj

Board footer