You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-10-19 10:47:11

petdoctors

Adding new follow up AND changing ticket details

Hi,

This is a minor issue - not really a bug, but it has caught some of my team out a few times - and I wondered if it can be 'fixed'.

If you are viewing a ticket and select 'Add a new follow-up', you can, of course, add a new follow up, but at the same time you can choose to change any of the ticket's parameters - for example, change to whom the ticket is assigned.

Now, if you add follow-up AND change any of the ticket parameters and then...

...Click 'Update', you will update the ticket but it will NOT save the new follow-up.

...If you instead click 'add' (next to the follow-up you have just entered), you will save the follow-up but not the changes made to the ticket details.

Is there any way the code for both buttons can check for and save ALL changes made to the ticket because as I see it at the moment you cannot, for example, add some follow-up and reassign the ticket at the same time. You can do this as two separate operations but then you trigger two sets of emails.

Thanks

#2 2006-10-19 10:50:14

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Adding new follow up AND changing ticket details

It is not so simple.
It is 2 differents forms so each one must be validated separatly.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-10-19 10:50:33

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

petdoctors wrote:

You can do this as two separate operations but then you trigger two sets of emails.

Thanks

You can also not send an email for ticket description modification smile

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#4 2006-10-19 10:55:11

petdoctors

tsmr wrote:
petdoctors wrote:

You can do this as two separate operations but then you trigger two sets of emails.

Thanks

You can also not send an email for ticket description modification smile

True, but any chance the software can be changed to allow ticket details changes AND new follow-up to be saved at the same time!?

Thanks for the quick reply - I have to say again that this is great software and we have moved our helpdesk from another package to GLPI.

#5 2006-10-19 11:22:42

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

I don't think but i'm not glpi devs

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

Board footer