You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-10-18 20:59:06

jp10558

License Management with OCSNG imports

So, I have OCSNG getting all the software installed information automatically. It seems that by default, GLPI is giving everything imported a global license - which is incorrect. How can I have GLPI see them as "to buy" or just not assigned licenses yet?

Is there an easy way to assign multiple machines to the same license (IE, we have a 15 machine license - not global, but not one by one either... Can I say these machines with it listed as installed in OCSNG use THIS license?)?

Is there a way to reset the installed and license information to the OCSNG import? - my playing around seems to have messed this up.

Finally, can I have GLPI use OCSNG as the authority on what has been installed on a machine - likewise what has been uninstalled?

What I'd really like, if possible, is to say Adobe Acrobat 6 license xxx-xxxxxx-xxx 15 PC license(s)
and have it fill in the first 15 PCs with Adobe Acrobat 6 installed per OCSNG with that license. Then I'd like it to keep filling the other PCs with that license, but say xx to buy over 15. Finally, if I buy a license later, and I can't use the same keycode, I'd love to be able to take the to buy machines and assign them the same way - say I bought 10 more licenses with keycode zzz-zzzzzzz-zzz for the same program. I'd add that in, and the first 10 of to buy get assigned to that license, and if there are still any left over, they still show to buy xx...

Furthermore if it's possible, I'd like to have GLPI know from the import that OCSNG no longer sees Adobe Acrobat 6 on PC foo. So it uninstalls it from foo and puts that license as free again unless OEM. And would assign that automatically to another PC that shows up with Acrobat 6 on it.

Finally, it's possible to downgrade licenses with MS - so can I link an XP license to a 2k machine in some way?

If none of this is possible, please feel free to move it to feature requests - this would be awesome, and really leveraging the power of having a software audit program you can tie into.

#2 2006-10-18 23:55:05

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: License Management with OCSNG imports

The problem is due to the fact that OCSNG do not contains the type of the license.
We can not know on the import form OCSNG if it is a global, a free or a licence with a serial.

Only global or free licenses can be linked to several computers.
There is no real license for IE so you need to use a global one to manage it.

What do you want to say by "reset the installed and license information to the OCSNG import?" ?

The software import from OCSNG is not perfect due to the lack of informations. You need to corret the import manually after.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-10-19 14:13:43

jp10558

Ok, I see that the import doesn't work exactly how I thought it did - that's fine.

Is there any way to move a set of machines from a global license to a license pool I defined manually? That is, I have Adobe Acrobat 6. I have 17 licenses for it. Can I select to move the global license to instead be a 17 PC license, and have any over 17 show up as to buy?

Last edited by jp10558 (2006-10-19 14:13:59)

#4 2006-10-24 16:31:24

jp10558

I have figured out the moving of licenses - how do I go about deleting the vestigal _global_ licenses? There doesn't seem to be a way to do that that I can see. Is this something I could work around or manually delete from the SQL tables?

Board footer