You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-10-09 12:22:18

petdoctors

Sending 'New ticket', 'follow-up' and 'close' etc emails to use

Hi team,

Great software - well done - I have been working as a trainer and consultant in IT support / call centres and help desks since 1982 and have tried most of the major case management packages and GLPI is certainly good enough to use for many requirements!

Anyway, here's my issue:

In my current role, my team is logging calls from around 30 company sites - at the moment they do not log calls themselves. Each site is a veterinary clinic with perhaps 3-10 computers according to its size. Each clinic has a unique email address for general messages, news etc. and so when we create a new entry in the help desk for a clinic, we need it to email this address with the new ticket details and any follow-up etc.

We can setup each site as a 'user' and assign this user to the equipment, but in the email follow-up settings there is no option to send emails to the 'user'.

The only other way I can see to do this (from my limited exploration) is to setup the site mail address as the 'Technician responsible'?

Any ideas on the best way of doing what we want?

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick

#2 2006-10-09 12:25:01

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Sending 'New ticket', 'follow-up' and 'close' etc emails to use

if you set the clinic as the author of the ticket you will not have any problem.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-10-09 13:03:25

petdoctors

Thanks MoYo - that works, but I cannot see then how we can track tickets by the person who keyed them in (eg: my team members). I would like to leave the author as the name of the logged in person who created the ticket. Alternatively, I have no problem changing the author if each ticket is stamped with the creator (if different from the author).

The simplest solution would be to allow messages to be sent to the equipment *user* if different from the author - would it be easy to add this to the follow-up setup page? I am not a good PHP coder but if you point me to the right file I will have a look!?

For the moment, I have setup some test equipment and put the clinic as the 'technician responsible' which seems to do what I want - can you see any issues with doing this?

Final two questions for now:

1) Is it possible to set timeframes/SLAs against priorities and for these values to be used to prioritise workflow and send reminder emails?

2) Can you show the age of tickets on the follow-up page (eg: Age: 3d 2h 40m) and then sort by age?

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick

Last edited by petdoctors (2006-10-09 13:04:25)

#4 2006-10-09 13:55:29

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

sending mail to user may be done.
Post a ticket on the trac.

1/ it is planned.
2/ you have the date it is not enough ?

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#5 2006-10-09 13:57:42

petdoctors

Thanks again for quick reply.

Date is OK but it's much easier and quicker for a technician to look and see elapsed time than figure out dates - plus of course everything is driven by a need to respond within a certain timeframe and so elapsed time is very important.

Board footer