You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-09-20 11:37:22

gaio

Trouble with OpenLDAP...

I'm using LDAP for auth and at least prior to GLPI 0.64 i've tested user inport successfully.

With 0.68 i've tried to import group, with no luck; after some fiddling with group LDAP parameters i've tried to import some user, again with no luck (if i try to import the user 'gaio' that exist in LDAP, i got a user 'gaio', but totally empty: no email, no phone, ...).

Probably somewhere in glpi some parameter change, and i have some old configuration lying around that does not work anymore. But the LDAP configuration is so simple that i really i don't know where to look...

My configuration:

Host: localhost (i've also used the uri: 'ldap://localhost ldaps://ldap2.sv.lnf.it')
port: 389
basedn: ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
rootdn: <empty>
pass: <empty>
filter: <empty>
user id field: uid
TLS: no

realname: sn
firstname: cn

Note that i can auth with no trouble at all to GLPI, but if i try to create some user or group with ``add user from an external source'' button, i got only empty users.

#2 2006-09-20 11:47:53

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Trouble with OpenLDAP...

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#3 2006-09-20 15:52:38

gaio

Re: Trouble with OpenLDAP...

Ok, i've just found that. I tackled a bit, and seems that i've hit a feature, not a bug. wink

Seems that:

+ if i push on ``create new user from an external source'', the user are created but still descriptive field (name, email, ...) are not filled. But if they login, data are correctly updated.
+ if i add some group, the same happen: the group got created, but member are added only when users login.

If this is intended, sorry me. ;(

PS: in Basedn options i can use the users OU (ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it) or i have really to insert the basedn of all the LDAP tree (dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it)?

Board footer