You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-09-05 15:43:16

Udo Rossenfeld

Problem to connect a Interface to any device

Hi,

I have a problem to connect a network-interface from an networkdevice to any other type of devices (printer, computer ....). The device (a switch) is defined with 16 Ports. I am not able to connect to any other device. In the field "connect to" i select first a computer. In the next field i hit only the return key. In the following Portmanger i fill in the values in the entryfileds. If i press the add-button, i recieve the errormessage "Object not found". The same behavior is on the demo site. I use the glpi version 0.68.1

regards

Udo

#2 2006-09-05 16:59:14

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Problem to connect a Interface to any device

I try to connect in the demo site and its works..
Please send us all actions you do.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-09-06 08:47:01

Udo Rossenfeld

Hi MoYo,

my goal is to connect a networkdevice with computer and printer. So, I define a networkdevice, and use the computers and printers wich are imported from OCS.
From the Inventory Menu I select the networks item and then the networkdevice I had defined. Now I try to connect a free port to a computer. In the field "connect to" I select the item "Computers". And now I have the problem. How can I select the computer to which the networkdevice should be connected ?
In the next empty field I simply press the return key and then the Port Manager is visible. If I had filled out the fields and press then Add-button the error "Object not found" occurs. Maybe it is a user error, but I don't know how to select the port of computer which I would to connect to the networkdevice.

Thanks for help !

Regrads

Udo

#4 2006-09-06 11:22:57

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Udo Rossenfeld wrote:

Hi MoYo,

my goal is to connect a networkdevice with computer and printer. So, I define a networkdevice, and use the computers and printers wich are imported from OCS.
From the Inventory Menu I select the networks item and then the networkdevice I had defined. Now I try to connect a free port to a computer. In the field "connect to" I select the item "Computers". And now I have the problem. How can I select the computer to which the networkdevice should be connected ?

Use * for show all devices or directly the name of the device

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#5 2006-09-06 13:50:55

Udo Rossenfeld

The * was my problem ! Now it works fine.

Thank you for the help !

Regards

Udo

Board footer