You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-08-15 20:41:39

franjb68

Some suggestions for the Knowledge Base

Hi!

First I want to congratulate and thank all the GLPI team for this great application. I use it in my job and I find it complete and useful. Thanks!

I use a Knowledge Base to access lots of documentation easily. I use the one in eGroupware. I like it a lot, and I would love that the KB in GLPI had some of the features it has. You can see eGroupware's KB working here: http://www.egroupware.org/knowledge_base

In this version (0.68) I've seen great progress: new toolbar and it shows the author, the date of creation and the number of views of an article.

I miss some things:

In the article view, the article ID, a history tab to see who and when has made modifications, a button to get a printer friendly view, the possibility of linking an article to others in the KB. The possibility of sending an email with the article content to other people would be nice, but less important to me. Also good would be to post comments to the article or rate it.

In the main view, I like eGroupware's idea of seeing the articles recently modified and the most viewed. Even the FAQ would benefit of this, so the users can see the latest additions or modifications, and what other users are seeking.

It would be also nice to have an ACL for the KB, so the admin can grant permissions to some users or groups of users to add, modify or read articles.

I want to remark that all of this are just suggestions for future developpments, that, of course, can be discussed, modified, rejected or forgoten (hope not :-) )

Again, thank you to all the team and keep the good job.

Greetings,
Francisco.

GLPI 0.70, Linux Fedora 4, Apache/2.2.0 (Unix), PHP/4.4.1,  MySQL 5.0.18

#2 2006-08-24 16:32:34

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Some suggestions for the Knowledge Base

I copy your post in our TODO. We ll keep this in mind for the future

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2023-07-12 08:16:58

evert

Re: Some suggestions for the Knowledge Base

Does the knowledge base have any ACL yet? I'd love to put some articles in there which are _only_ accessible to the IT staff.

PS. Only after posting I noticed I was replying to a post from 2006(!) big_smile

Last edited by evert (2023-07-12 08:19:32)

--
Regards,
   Evert

Board footer