You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-08-28 01:07:28

jfonseca

[resolved][0.84.7] Failure to send e-mail notifications

I experienced a problem with users not receiving e-mail notifications when the system was trying to send software license expirations notfications.

The license e-mail template at *Setup>Notification Templates>License* had the translation set to *English (US)*.
The users had their language set to *English* which caused them to not receive any notification. After I corrected the license e-mail template and set it to default translation by not setting any language, users began to receive e-mail notifications.

After looking at the file inc/notifactionevents.class.php in the function raiseEvent() I noticed that the users for which no translation is available are stored in the var $e-mail_notprocessed on line 177. The function raiseEvent() will only return FALSE on line 118 if there are no notification targets. Otherwise the function seems to always return TRUE even if some e-mails are not processed.

The file inc/softwarelicense.class.php on line 418 uses the raiseEvent() function call in an if statement. The result seems to be that even if none of the expected users receive an e-mail the function will still return TRUE.

A default install of version 0.84.7 has all the e-mail templates set to a default translation. I am not sure how our template ended up with a changed language setting.

I think that raiseEvent() should generate a warning message if there is not a suitable translation for a user. This would make it easier to diagnose that there is a problem with a language translation template.

Board footer